Stifle Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation
- (verb) restrain (a reaction) or stop oneself acting on (an emotion); “she stifled a giggle”
- (verb) prevent or constrain (an activity or idea); “high taxes were stifling private enterprise”
- (verb) make (someone) unable to breathe properly; suffocate; “those in the streets were stifled by the fumes”
- (noun) a joint in the legs of horses, dogs, and other animals, equivalent to the knee in humans.
Stifle (स्टाइफल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English: perhaps from a frequentative of Old French estouffer ‘smother, stifle’.
Stifle in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- World Cup 2018 Qualifying: Syrians stifle Korea, Japan back on track.
- Sedition Has Become an Easy Tool to Stifle Dissent: Aakar Patel.
- Realty Law Has ‘Serious Anomalies’, Can Stifle Growth: DLF.
- BoE says won’t stifle innovation as wrestles with fintech.
- Is Jai Hind College trying to stifle the voices of Mumbai youths?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of stifle
- stifle = stif + rifle dekhkar chor bhi stifle ho jaayega
Maudlin Vocab Meme Dictionary – English Hindi Translation
- (adj) tearfully or weakly emotional; foolishly sentimental
- (adj) foolishly or mawkishly sentimental because of drunkenness
Maudlin (मॉड्लिन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- शराब के नशे की भावुकता में, मूर्खता की हद तक भावुक. अतिभावुक
Maudlin in a sentence (usage in Newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Maudlin
- Maudlin – Model ko Lingerie mein rote hue dekha toh meri Aankh bhar aayi
Emosanal(maudlin) Attyachaar (Brass Band Version) – Dev D (2009) *HD* *BluRay*
Mawkish Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with Pictures
- (adj) sentimental in an exaggerated or false way; “a long and mawkish poem”
Mawkish (मॉकिश) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अति भावुक, चापलूसीभरा, घिनौना, कुत्सित
Mawkish in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- The film, however, is best when it focuses on key issues of old age with subtlety and dignity, never making it mawkish.
- There are no grand designs, no mawkish emotions and yet it is deliciously entertaining.
- The protagonist may face unfavourable situations but they don’t make you mawkish.
- Wilson called her writing “mawkish and banal”.
- It’s hard to make a movie featuring a cancer-ridden protagonist without resorting to grating sentimentality and mawkish melodrama.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Mawkish
- “Maa” itna “kiss” mat karo, my friends find it mawkish (over senti)
Time to listen a Mawkish Song