- (adj) (of a person) at the point of death; “on examination she was moribund and dehydrated”
- (adj) (of a thing) in terminal decline; lacking vitality or vigour; “the moribund commercial property market”
Moribund (मारीबन्ड / मॉरबन्ड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मरणासना, मरणासन्न, मृतप्राय, म्रियमाण, मरनेवाला, अन्त के करीब, मरता हुआ
- early 18th century: from Latin moribundus, from mori ‘to die’.
Moribund in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment,Dr. Okechukwu Enelamah has blamed the moribund state of the textile industry on lack of cotton.
- The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is no more the moribund institution it once was.
- Bengali Cinema is Moribund and Smug in its Comfort Zone.
- Worryingly, for the Indian Railways, returns from freight, its backbone, have been moribund.
- Add to this, the police too are rooted in the same moribund mindset.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of moribund
- Mori (girl) is aankhen bund ho gayi hai… About to die..