- (verb) prod (someone) gently with one’s elbow in order to attract attention. “people were nudging each other and pointing at me”
- (verb) touch or push (something) gently or gradually. “the canoe nudged a bank of reeds”
- (verb) coax or gently encourage (someone) to do something. “we have to nudge the politicians in the right direction”
- (verb) approach (an age, figure, or level) very closely.“both men were nudging fifty”
- (noun) a light touch or push. “he gave her shoulder a nudge”
Nudge meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- टहोका मारना, तक जाना, कुहनी से हलका धक्का, टहोका , कुहने से छूना, कुहनी से छूना, टहोका मारना, तक जाना, कुहनियों से धकियाते हुए आगे बढ़ना, टेहोकना, ले जाना, कुहनी से इशारा करना
- late 17th century (as a verb): of unknown origin; compare with Norwegian dialect nugga, nyggja ‘to push, rub’.
Nudge in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- The Reserve Bank of India will nudge bank CEOs to pass on the benefit of lower policy rates like it did after the previous policy, because the …
- Max Bupa, one of India’s leading standalone health insurance player, … long integrated campaign #ExYourExcuse, in order to nudge people, …
- To add to the problems of aviation, one India’s most regulated … why are Indian carriers struggling so hard to nudge up their profitability ratios?
- Nudge the bars and the speed with which the bike drops into a corner … At ₹10.49 lakh (ex-showroom, India), the ZX-6R is quite nicely priced.
- India hasn’t been immune to this nexus either, and the country’s … Visa Steel, filed in December 2017 following the banking regulator’s nudge.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Nudge
- I nudged him with my nose when my hands were tied.
- (verb) restore (a dead person) to life; “he queried whether Jesus was indeed resurrected”
- (verb) revive or revitalize (something that is inactive, disused, or forgotten); “it gives him a chance to resurrect his career”
Resurrect meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- पुनर्जीवित करना, दुबारा शुरू करना
- late 18th century: back-formation from resurrection.
Resurrect in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper editorial)
- Misbah, Sarfraz fifties resurrect Pakistan’s otherwise plodding day.
- Cow dung used to resurrect minor killed by lightning in Odisha.
- He happens to be the person who took up the challenge of resurrecting the well-known Fairy Queen locomotive in 1997.
- Placing faith in coaching to resurrect dreams.
- Young PCC chief Sachin Pilot worked against all odds to resurrect the party.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of resurrect
- re + errect = phirse khada ho gya
invigorate Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) give strength or energy to; “the shower had invigorated her”
invigorate (इन्विगरिट / इन्विगरेट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- दृढ़ करना, पुष्ट करना, बल बढ़ाना, जान डालना, मज़बूत करना, बलवर्धन करना, स्फूर्ति से भर देना
- mid 17th century: from medieval Latin invigorat- ‘made strong’, from the verb invigorare, from in- ‘towards’ + Latin vigorare ‘make strong’ (from vigor ‘vigour’).
invigorate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- 850 Chinese firms invigorate Algeria ‘ s economic growth.
- Dr Reddy’s pins hopes on new molecules to invigorate profits.
- The government’s focus has been to re-energise and re-invigorate the relations.
- These specially formulated skin care products are packed with OxySphere technology to help remove dead skin cells and invigorate the skin.
- Innovation Can Invigorate Growth.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of invigorate
- in + vigor (strong) -> invigor tablet apne andar jaan phook deti hai.
Titillate Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with Picture Dictionary
- (verb) arouse (someone) to interest or mild excitement, especially through sexually suggestive images or words.
Titillate (टिटलेट / टिटलैट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गुदगुदाना, सहलाना, सुरसुराना, उत्तेजित करना
- early 17th century (earlier (Middle English) as titillation ): from Latin titillat- ‘tickled’, from the verb titillare
Titillate in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- It was clear that Krishna didn’t share these pictures to titillate the viewers.
- I never made Jism to titillate male fantasies.
- Pornographic content was created solely to titillate its mature audience.
- The fashion in lingerie and corsetry was meant to titillate, which it definitely did.
- “I won’t do a kiss to titillate the audience,” Shraddha Kapoor
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of titillate
- titillate mein chhupa hai tits.. that might titillate you
Warning: This might titillate you 🙂