- (verb) refuse to allow (something). “I can see why phones were forbidden”
- (verb) order (someone) not to do something. “I was forbidden from seeing him again”
- (verb) refuse entry to a place or area. “all vehicles are forbidden”
- (verb) (of a circumstance or quality) make (something) impossible, prevent. “the cliffs forbid any easy turning movement”
Forbid meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- रोकना, वर्जना, निषेध करना, मना करना, वर्जित करना, वर्णित करना, मना करणे , बाधा देना
- Old English forbēodan (see for-, bid2).
Forbid in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- FACT CHECK: Did Modi forbid Muslim women from his event at Saifee
- RBI’s April Directive Forbids Banks To Trade Bitcoin From Today
- IBC: Move to forbid ‘dirty dozen’ to impact competitive bidding
- Sabarimala ban not anti-women as some temples also forbid men …
- God forbid we have to learn about Hinduism from Rahul Gandhi …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Forbid
- My sense of tact forbids an honest answer
- Your role in the projects precludes your involvement in the competitive project
- (verb) voluntarily cease to keep or claim; give up; “he offered to relinquish his post as acting President”
Relinquish (रिलिंगक्विश) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- छोड़ना, त्यागना, त्याग देना, छोड़ देना, अलग करना, अलग कर देना. हाथ उठा लेना
- late Middle English: from Old French relinquiss-, lengthened stem of relinquir, from Latin relinquere, from re- (expressing intensive force) + linquere ‘to leave’.
Relinquish in a sentence (word usage from recent newspaper)
- MSK Prasad backs Dhoni’s decision to relinquish captaincy.
- Train derailments: Prabhu asks officers to act or relinquish.
- Ratan Tata to relinquish post of chairperson of Tata Trust next year.
- Anthony J. Reardon will relinquish his current operational duties but continue as executive chairman of ducommun.
- When contacted, Roy said for a fair probe, there is a need on the part of the Home Minister to relinquish his post.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of relinquish
- relinquish = release your wish
Stifle Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation
- (verb) restrain (a reaction) or stop oneself acting on (an emotion); “she stifled a giggle”
- (verb) prevent or constrain (an activity or idea); “high taxes were stifling private enterprise”
- (verb) make (someone) unable to breathe properly; suffocate; “those in the streets were stifled by the fumes”
- (noun) a joint in the legs of horses, dogs, and other animals, equivalent to the knee in humans.
Stifle (स्टाइफल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English: perhaps from a frequentative of Old French estouffer ‘smother, stifle’.
Stifle in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- World Cup 2018 Qualifying: Syrians stifle Korea, Japan back on track.
- Sedition Has Become an Easy Tool to Stifle Dissent: Aakar Patel.
- Realty Law Has ‘Serious Anomalies’, Can Stifle Growth: DLF.
- BoE says won’t stifle innovation as wrestles with fintech.
- Is Jai Hind College trying to stifle the voices of Mumbai youths?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of stifle
- stifle = stif + rifle dekhkar chor bhi stifle ho jaayega
Accost Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) approach and address (someone) boldly or aggressively; “the police accosted him in the street”
Accost (अकॉस्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संभाषण करना, बोलना, अभिवादन, सलाम, नमस्कार
- late 16th century (originally in the sense ‘lie or go alongside’): from French accoster, from Italian accostare, from Latin ad- ‘to’ + costa ‘rib, side’.
Accost in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- There may be occasions as in Mumbai some years ago when the Shiv Sena used to accost people in the streets and ask them to speak in Marathi.
- Agents of bankrupt company accost chairman.
- Members of such organisations would accost them, tell them off or force them to get ‘married’.
- Smiling salespersons accost you with baskets of enticing pastries and savoury snacks outside the numerous bakeries and shops.
- Along the way, beggars would accost him and children would call out to him.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of accost
- at any cost (accost), i will approach her and say ‘ i love you’
Singham accost villian
Embargo Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(noun) an official ban on trade or other commercial activity with a particular country
(noun) an official ban on any activity
(verb) impose an official ban on (trade or a country or commodity)
Embargo (एम्बार्गो) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
अधिरोध, प्रतिबंध, व्यापार घाट बंदी, व्यापार प्रतिरोघ, व्यापार रोक, अधिरोधन, प्रतिषेध
- early 17th century: from Spanish, from embargar ‘arrest’, based on Latin in- ‘in, within’ + barra ‘a bar’
Embargo in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Have not imposed any embargo on supplies to Nepal: India
- President Barack Obama wants to see an end to the US trade embargo against the communist-ruled island.
- US Secretary of State John Kerry on Monday called on his country’s lawmakers to lift the five-decade-old trade embargo against Cuba.
- Russia’s food embargo involves a one-year ban on meat, fish, dairy, fruit and vegetable imports from certain countries.
- he Excise department has put an embargo on the sale of liquor for four days between October 21 and October 24 due to Durga Puja.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of embargo
- embargo = bar + go = ban on bars
The History Of America’s Cuba Embargo