- (adj) producing powerful feelings or strong, clear images in the mind; “memories of that evening were still vivid”
- (adj) (of a colour) intensely deep or bright; “a vivid blue Mediterranean sea”
- (adj) (of a person or animal) lively and vigorous; “she had a deep voice and a strikingly vivid personality”
Vivid (विविड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उज्ज्वल, चंचल, चटकीला, जीवंत, सजीव
- mid 17th century: from Latin vividus, from vivere ‘to live’.
Vivid in a sentence (Word usage in recent newspaper)
- Make your bathroom adorable with vivid colours.
- One thing Apple has done is the wide colour display, which makes most images look richer and vivid, but again it could easily offer more.
- But it’s simply my attempt to draw a vivid picture and nothing more.
- Australia calling: Vivid Sydney is back with lights, music, ideas.
- NASA shares vivid images of auroras captured by the Hubble Space Telescope.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of vivid
- imagine ‘v’ ‘i’ ‘v’ ‘i’ ‘d’ —> vivid colour nah?
- (adj) unpleasantly bitter or pungent; “the acrid smell of smoke clung about the building”
Acrid (ऐक्रिड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- तीखा, चरपरा, कटु, उग्र, कड़ुवा
- early 18th century: formed irregularly from Latin acer, acri- ‘sharp, pungent’ + -id1, probably influenced by acid.
Acrid in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- These days flavours of apple, mint, cheery, even chocolate and coffee are added to mask the acrid taste of tobacco.
- After having sex with her husband, she would sleep in a separate room, the sheets slowly soaking with an acrid smell.
- The blaze has belched acrid smoke across a widespread area of Southern California, prompting air quality warnings.
- My nostrils dilate while savoring the acrid odor of gunpowder and blood.
- The acrid smell of tear gas fills the air.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of acrid
- Acrid – Acid like ( ‘r’ hata do)
- (adj) (of a person) possessing physical strength and weight; rugged and powerful; “a short, sinewy man”
- (adj) (of meat) full of sinews; especially impossible to chew; “tough, sinewy meat.”
- (adj) vigorous or forceful, as language, style, etc;“a sinewy argument.”
Sinewy (सिन्यूई) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बलवान, पुष्ट, सशक्त, कंडरायुक्त, ताकतवर
- 1350-1400; Middle English; see sinew, -y
Sinewy in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The rods are wispy and elegant, but also sinewy, strong and resilient.
- The star plays Roxie, a sinewy burlesque dancer with dark lips and glamorous lingerie.
- For Mr. Blankenbuehler, a sinewy 46-year-old, the approach comes from his own craving to share in the story.
- The puppy fat has gone, he is now sinewy with a superbly toned body that can take on enormous amounts of workload without complaint.
- A group of chatty boys and girls pose for a photo near a table; another stands for a selfie with a replica of the sinewy stock market bull.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of sinewy
- sinewy = ‘sunny’ deol = muscular body