Addle Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) (humorous) make (someone) unable to think clearly; confuse; “being in love must have addled your brain”
- (verb) (of an egg) become rotten, producing no chick.
- (adj) not clear or cogent; muddled; “the film is addle-brained”
Addle (ऐडल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सड़ा, सड़ाना, ऊसर, निकम्मा, गंदा, खाली
- Middle English (in sense 2 of the adjective): from Old English adela ‘liquid filth’, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch aal and German Adel ‘mire, puddle’
Addle in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Voters feel anger but not enough to addle their judgment in elections that actually matter.
- Did Paris attackers addle your brains?
- Absolutely unexpected meetings with nature can addle you that way.
- Volunteers will be instructed on how to addle new eggs.
- Hey, Granholm, how addle-brained are the people of Mississippi that they would elect someone who is so transparently dishonest as you?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of addle
- addle = add + all… Add everything and you will get confused
Bheja Fry – Addle
Petrify Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(verb) make (someone) so frightened that they are unable to move; “the thought of speaking in public petrified her”
(verb) change into stone; “the petrified remains of prehistoric animals”
Petrify (पेट्रफाइ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- पत्थर बनाना, कड़ा बनाना, पत्थर हो जाना, हक्का बक्का कर देना, हाथ पाँव फुला देना
- late Middle English: from French pétrifier, from medieval Latin petrificare, from Latin petra ‘rock’, from Greek.
Petrify in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Mathematics used to petrify IT minister K.T. Rama Rao when he was a student.
- He was always good at mimicry and would often accompany the shadows with scary noises that used to petrify me.
- Well, I think this blast, just a few days before the New Year, is clearly an attempt to petrify people who visit Church Street.
- His presence in a press room, in a stadium or a restaurant, is enough to petrify anyone in the first instance.
- My parents used to petrify us with stories when we were children!
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of petrify
I Am Petrified Of Making Mistakes In Front Of The Camera : Amitabh Bachchan