- (verb) bring under domination or control, especially by conquest;“the invaders had soon subjugated most of the population”
- (verb) make someone or something subordinate to;“the new ruler firmly subjugated the Church to the state”
Subjugate (सब्जगेट / सब्जगैट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अधीन करना, जीतना, ग़ुलाम बनाना, दास बनाना
- late Middle English: from late Latin subjugat- ‘brought under a yoke’, from the verb subjugare, based on jugum ‘yoke’.
Subjugate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Cricket was becoming a business, and historically, businesses that subjugate their workers more often than not end up with industrial action.
- Modi wants to subjugate the judiciary and the media: AAP on JNU row.
- His was a talent none could subjugate or restrict,” says Salim Kumar.
- But u know, the Islam tells to kill or subjugate, or convert non-muslims, it’s written in their book.
- It has fought the wars evenly, we were never able to subjugate them convincingly.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of subjugate
- subjugate = “Sub” + “jhug” gaye mere saamne..
Stifle Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation
- (verb) restrain (a reaction) or stop oneself acting on (an emotion); “she stifled a giggle”
- (verb) prevent or constrain (an activity or idea); “high taxes were stifling private enterprise”
- (verb) make (someone) unable to breathe properly; suffocate; “those in the streets were stifled by the fumes”
- (noun) a joint in the legs of horses, dogs, and other animals, equivalent to the knee in humans.
Stifle (स्टाइफल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English: perhaps from a frequentative of Old French estouffer ‘smother, stifle’.
Stifle in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- World Cup 2018 Qualifying: Syrians stifle Korea, Japan back on track.
- Sedition Has Become an Easy Tool to Stifle Dissent: Aakar Patel.
- Realty Law Has ‘Serious Anomalies’, Can Stifle Growth: DLF.
- BoE says won’t stifle innovation as wrestles with fintech.
- Is Jai Hind College trying to stifle the voices of Mumbai youths?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of stifle
- stifle = stif + rifle dekhkar chor bhi stifle ho jaayega
Assuage Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your wordlist Source
Assuage [uh–sweyj, uh–sweyzh]
- (verb) to make milder or less severe; relieve; ease; mitigate;to assuage one’s grief; to assuage one’s pain
- (verb) to appease; satisfy; allay; relieve;to assuage one’s hunger
- (verb) to soothe, calm, or mollify;to assuage his fears; to assuage her anger
Assuage ( अस्वेज / अस्वैज) meaning in Hindi
- बुझाना,कम करना,शान्त करना,धीमा करना,हलका करना,ठंडा कर देना,शांत करना,सन्तोष देना
Assuage word usage in recent news (Assuage in a sentence)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Assuage
- ass-usage in the toilet gives huge relief – by vik24cool
Assuage pronunciation audio
This song will help you remember the meaning of assuage “Rootha Hai To Mana Lenge”
Intimidate Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Wordlist
Intimidate [in-tim-i-deyt] (verb)
- to frighten or make someone afraid
- to make timid or fearful
- to compel or deter by inducing fear
Intimidate Word usage:
- Managements now realize that intimidation does not contribute to efficiency.
- The don’s intimidating presence in the nightclub was disturbing the other patrons.
Intimidating Word Usage in News: