- (verb) sit, lean, or fall heavily and limply. “she slumped against the cushions”
- (verb) undergo a sudden severe or prolonged fall in price, value, or amount. “land prices slumped”
- (verb) fail or decline substantially. “United slumped to another one–nil defeat”
- (noun) a sudden severe or prolonged fall in the price, value, or amount of something. “a slump in profits”
- (noun) a prolonged period of abnormally low economic activity, typically bringing widespread unemployment. “he had survived two world wars and a slump”
- (noun) a period of substantial failure or decline. “Arsenal’s recent slump”
Slump meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- कीमतों में कमी आना, मंदी, गिर पड़ना, गिरावट, भारी गिरावट आना, अवपात, धप् से गिर जाना, अकस्मात पतन, अधिक संख्या, अनेकता, गिर पड़ना, ढेर लगाना, दलदला, फेंकना, मंदी, संमिलित करना, संयुक्त करना
- late 17th century (in the sense ‘fall into a bog’): probably imitative and related to Norwegian slumpe ‘to fall’.
Slump in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Indian developers slump on bankruptcy and tax woes; HDIL, Oberoi …, The share slump highlights India’s intensifying demand slowdown. A series of economic shocks in the past three years, from the unexpected …
- Top India Developer Slumps on Report of Supreme Court Probe, (Bloomberg) — Shares of DLF Ltd. plunged the most in almost three years after a newspaper reported that India’s top court is looking into …
- Auto slump to hit investors, Indian economy; Here’s what government …, A vibrant auto sector is key to India’s economic growth. The current prolonged slump amidst the weakening demand has brought the industry to …
- Gold prices today edge lower but silver rates slump, Tracking gold, silver prices also softened in Indian markets with September silver contracts on MCX slumping 1.2% to ₹43,302 per kg. Globally …
- Amidst an economic slump, IKEA and Miniso have missed their India …, Two international retail brands that debuted in India with much fanfare over the past couple of years have missed their growth targets in the …
How Can Modi 2.0 Revive India's Economic Slump?