Stifle Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation
- (verb) restrain (a reaction) or stop oneself acting on (an emotion); “she stifled a giggle”
- (verb) prevent or constrain (an activity or idea); “high taxes were stifling private enterprise”
- (verb) make (someone) unable to breathe properly; suffocate; “those in the streets were stifled by the fumes”
- (noun) a joint in the legs of horses, dogs, and other animals, equivalent to the knee in humans.
Stifle (स्टाइफल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English: perhaps from a frequentative of Old French estouffer ‘smother, stifle’.
Stifle in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- World Cup 2018 Qualifying: Syrians stifle Korea, Japan back on track.
- Sedition Has Become an Easy Tool to Stifle Dissent: Aakar Patel.
- Realty Law Has ‘Serious Anomalies’, Can Stifle Growth: DLF.
- BoE says won’t stifle innovation as wrestles with fintech.
- Is Jai Hind College trying to stifle the voices of Mumbai youths?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of stifle
- stifle = stif + rifle dekhkar chor bhi stifle ho jaayega
Quaff Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) drink (something, especially an alcoholic drink) heartily; “he quaffed pint after pint”
- (noun) an alcoholic drink; “porter is a dark, malty quaff”
Quaff (क्वाफ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गटकना, खूब पीना, खलाना, ख़ाली करना, डगडगाकर पीना, एक ही साँस में पीना
- early 16th century: probably imitative of the sound of drinking.
Quaff in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Wines to quaff this summer.
- And athletes reportedly quaff diluted vinegar and sodium before events as a way of reducing cramps.
- And although the craft beer industry is still rather nascent, there’s already a barrage of microbreweries offering the perfect quaff.
- she said taking a long quaff of her precious tea.
- But as the night advanced and Jahangir became dizzy with wine (it is said he could quaff several cups in one sitting).
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of quaff
- you will ‘cough’ if you ‘quaff’ a beer bottle
Guess who is quaffing here