- (noun) a solemn promise.
- (noun) a set of solemn promises committing one to a prescribed role, calling, or course of action, typically to marriage or a monastic career. “the vows of celibacy”
- (verb) solemnly promise to do a specified thing. “the rebels vowed to continue fighting”
- (verb) dedicate to someone or something, especially a deity. “I vowed myself to this enterprise”
Vow meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- वादा. शपथ. प्रतिज्ञा, प्रतिज्ञा करना, कसम खाना, क़सम, प्रण, व्रत, शपथ, शपथ खाना, सौगंध
- Middle English: from Old French vou, from Latin votum (see vote); the verb is from Old French vouer.
Vow in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Left parties protest amendment to Article 370, vow to continue fighting, The Left parties will hold an all-India protest on Tuesday to resist the move. In Delhi, the protest will begin from Mandi House at 11 a.m..
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Ukrainian President vow to boost ties, Referring to the friendly and cordial relations between India and Ukraine, Modi noted the satisfactory pace of growth in bilateral trade relations
- With the removal of Article 370 from JK, my vow is complete: Madan …, “I had taken a vow that till Article 370 is not removed from Kashmir I will … He added that the RSS and BJP had been claiming India’s right on …
- Trump renews vow to mediate between Pakistan and India on Kashmir, Washington: US President Donald Trump has renewed his vow to help Pakistan and India resolve Kashmir issue if both the countries wanted …
- 7 states Chief Ministers vow to end drugs menace, … the drug traffickers were not confined by national or state boundaries, and Pakistan was promoting narco-terrorism to create trouble in India.
Shaking up the force, India's female cops vow to protect women