- (verb) go on board a ship or aircraft.“he embarked for India in 1817”
- (verb) put or take on board a ship or aircraft..“the passengers were ready to be embarked”
- (verb) begin (a course of action). “she embarked on a new career”
Embark meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- लगना, लगाना, सम्मिलित होना, प्रारम्भ करना, किसी काम में लगना, आरंभ करना, जहाज़ पर चढ़ना, जाने का साहस करना, जहाज़ पर चढ़ाना, पोतारोहण करना
- mid 16th century: from French embarquer, from em- ‘in’ + barque ‘bark, ship’.
Embark in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Army Chief to embark on four-day US visit on April 2
- Mamata to embark on electioneering from April 4
- Make-up legend Bobbi Brown to embark on maiden India tour in April
- PM to embark on a day-long election campaign in UP, Uttarakhand …
- India-SriLanka embark on Exercise MITRA SHAKTI
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Embark
- EMBARK sounds like I AM BACK on track. Means set on right direction.
- em+bark(sound of dog “barking”) – in search of his dog he begins his journey
Abscond Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture Dictionary
- (verb) leave hurriedly and secretly, typically to escape from custody or avoid arrest
Abscond (ऐब्स्कान्ड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 16th century (in the sense ‘hide, conceal oneself’): from Latin abscondere ‘hide’, from ab- ‘away, from’ + condere ‘stow’
Abscond in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- After conning the victims of huge sums of money, they abscond.
- Probably that was one of the main reasons he chose to surrender and cooperate with his captors rather than abscond.
- No one, howsoever mighty he or she maybe, has the right to abscond from the law.
- In the attempt to abscond from the place he lost control of the vehicle and knocked against two checkpoint barricades one after the other.
- Real estate tycoon Anil Kumar Sharma today claimed that he was not absconding after being named an accused in the murder of Balika.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abscond
- “Ab” – scond (“KAND”) – ‘Ab’ ‘kand’ karoge toh secrectly bhagna padega nahh
Dhoom – John’s absconding scene