- (adj) understood or implied without being stated. “your silence may be taken to mean tacit agreement”
Tacit meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- मौन, अनुक्त, अकथित रूप से, अल्प भाषी, चुप्पा, अल्पभाषी, खामोशी से, बिना आवाज़ किये, चुप्पी, अल्पभाषिता
- early 17th century (in the sense ‘wordless, noiseless’): from Latin tacitus, past participle of tacere ‘be silent’.
Tacit in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- After tacit backing, US recalibrates its stance,NEW DELHI : Days after tacitly backing India on revoking the special status for Jammu and Kashmir and bifurcating the state, the US seems to …
- Pranab Mukherjee nudge on economy,“India’s growth rate came down from 9.3 per cent in the first quarter of … intervention is being viewed as a tacit acknowledgement on the part of …
- India’s deposit insurance cover remains the lowest globally, In India, bank deposits are insured by the Deposit Insurance and Credit … But such fall-back measures and the tacit support from the Centre …
- Gear changing from a soft power to a hard one, India’s emerging hard power is backed by wherewithal including economic … and informal alliances, and tacit support amongst other countries.
- When is National Sports Day and why do we celebrate it?, In India’s rich sporting history, the exemplary figure of Dhyan Chand … of Dhyan Chand Singh is well remembered because of his tacit refusal in …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Tacit
- Tacit ~ take it; imagine you are giving permission to someone to take something from your room…but you didn’t say it verbally but via your actions.
- Tacit – Change the word to Tact – You tactfully (with perfection)handled the situation even without expressing it in words (tacit).