- (verb) criticize (someone or something) harshly; “the manager lambasted his team”
Lambast (लैम्बेस्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बुरी तरह से फटकारना
- mid 17th century (in the sense ‘beat, thrash’): from lam1 + baste3. The current sense dates from the late 19th century.
Lambast in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Salkar, Varma lambast Manohar after he quits BCCI.
- Video mocking Lata and Sachin: Twitteratis lambast Tanmay Bhat.
- Film-makers lambast jury.
- Former cricketers lambast Pakistan after Asia Cup exit.
- Preity has even taken to Twitter to lambast publications running with the story and has put her version of events forward.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of lambast
- lambast = lamba +blast