- (adj) (of a person) famous and respected within a particular sphere;
“one of the world’s most eminent statisticians”.
- (adj) (of a positive quality) present to a notable degree; “the book’s scholarship and eminent readability”
Eminent (एमिनेंट / एमीनेंट / एमिनेन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- प्रख्यात, प्रतापी, प्रतिष्ठित, प्रवर, प्रसिद्ध, महत, मान्यवर, विशिष्ट, श्रेष्ठ, सुप्रसिद्ध, अग्रगण्य, उत्तुंग, प्रकांड, उच्च, उत्कृष्ट, ऊँचा, ऊंचा
- late Middle English: from Latin eminent- ‘jutting, projecting’, from the verb eminere.
Eminent in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- PM Modi doing best to advance common good in India, says eminent economist Prof Kotler.
- Eminent academician S Ramaswamy passes away at 86.
- The JQ Wingate Literary Prize is Britain’s pre-eminent Jewish literary prize.
- Death of an eminent English composer, 91.
- Eminent Polish musicologist dies.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of eminent
- think about Eminem who is always above others.
- (adj) (of a person or action) showing dedication and diligence;“he watched himself with the most sedulous care”
Sedulous (सेजलस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 16th century: from Latin sedulus ‘zealous’ + -ous.
Sedulous in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The students, who are sedulous, can make a great headway in academic activities for which emotional learning is an admirable path.
- The work of Krishna District Collector Babu A, in the ongoing construction of the new capital is marked by a sedulous attention to detail.
- We hope Aamir Khan finds the suitable girl to play his daughter in Dangal and all his sedulous efforts come to fruition.
- Governments have been quite sedulous in trying to support and generally encourage the industry, in terms of offering subsidies.
- He is remembered for his sedulous work in Den Amstel and in the villages of Guyana.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of sedulous
- seducing a lady is no doubt a sedulous task
Abysmal Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
Abysmal [uh–biz-muh l]
- (adj) extremely bad; appalling.“the quality of her work is abysmal”
- (adj) very deep.”waterfalls that plunge into abysmal depths”
Abysmal (अबिज़्मल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century (used literally as in sense 2): from abysm. Sense 1 dates from the early 19th century.
Abysmal in a sentence (usage in Newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abysmal
- abysmal – suppose Aby(A.B de villiars) wants only mal, mal and mal ( that would be an abysmal situation)
Himmatwala movie review: Sajid Khan, we want our refund for enduring this abysmal ‘effort’