- (verb) jump or dive quickly and energetically; “Joy stripped her clothes off and plunged into the sea”
- (verb) fall suddenly and uncontrollably; “the aircraft plunged to the ground”
- (verb) embark impetuously on a speech or course of action; “he came to a decision, and plunged on before he had time to reconsider it”
- (verb) suffer a rapid decrease in value; “shares in the company plunged 18p on news that profits had fallen”
- (verb) (of a ship) pitch; “the ship plunged through the 20-foot seas”
- (verb) (of a horse) rear violently; “the frightened horse plunged and bolted”
- (verb) push or thrust quickly; “he plunged his hands into his pockets”
- (verb) quickly immerse in liquid; “plunge the pears into a bowl of cold water”
- (verb) suddenly bring into a specified condition or state; “the room was plunged into darkness”
- (verb) sink (a pot containing a plant) in the ground; “pot up and plunge spring-flowering bulbs”
- (noun) an act of jumping or diving into water; “a plunge into the deep end of the pool”
- (noun) a swift and drastic fall in value or amount; “the central bank declared a 76% plunge in its profits”
- take the plunge — commit oneself to a course of action about which one is nervous;“she wondered whether to enter for the race, but decided to take the plunge”
Plunge (प्लन्ज) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- गोता, छलांग, डुबकी, प्रवेश, तैरने का तालाब, कूद, डुबाना, डूबना, प्रवेश करना, गोता लगाना, किसी काम में मग्न हो जाना, झटके से डालना, उछाल आना, ग़ोता लगाना, कूदना
- late Middle English: from Old French plungier ‘thrust down’, based on Latin plumbum ‘lead, plummet’.
Plunge in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- More than 250 people took the plunge at Lake Fenton.
- Political donations plunge to $16.7m – down from average $25ma year.
- Temperatures to plunge to -5.
- Big Oil Companies Finished 2018 Strong Despite Plunge in Oil Prices.
- In Spain, international adoptions plunge while surrogacy grows.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of plunge
- sound like “put lung in water”
- (verb) surprise and confuse (someone) so much that they are unsure how to react; “Diane was nonplussed by such an odd question”
- (noun) a state of being very surprised and confused; “reduced to a perfect nonplus, he rose from his chair”
Nonplus (नान्प्लस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संकोच, परेशानी, हैरान करना, हक्का-बक्का करना, उलझन में पड़ना
- late 16th century: from Latin non plus ‘not more’. The noun originally meant ‘a state in which no more can be said or done’.
Nonplus in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Words like nonplus, dumbfounding, stupefy …all come to life when you are in this part of the world.
- Ramarajabhushanudu also known as Bhattu Murthy, a serious poet, was seen interjecting with repartee, to nonplus some of his colleagues.
- When the chief of police learned he was about to be arrested, he became nonplussed and refused to answer any questions.
- The inexperienced teenage driver was nonplussed when his car began to slide on the ice.
- Even the experienced doctor was nonplussed when he saw the patient with a chainsaw in his skull.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of nonplus
- nonplus = 9 + plus = +++++++++ sounds confusing nah?
Hurl Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) throw or impel (someone or something) with great force; “rioters hurled a brick through the windscreen”
- (verb) utter (abuse) vehemently; “the demonstrators hurled abuse at councillors”
- (informal) vomit; “you make me want to hurl”
- (informal) (noun) a ride in a vehicle; a lift; “hey pal, any chance of a hurl?”
Hurl (हर्ल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- जोर से फेंकना, जोर से चिल्लाना
- Middle English: probably imitative, but corresponding in form and partly in sense with Low German hurreln.
Hurl in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Gold traders hurl black flags at Sushma Swaraj’s car.
- A few minutes later, they returned to the spot and hurled stones at the car and fled the scene.
- Mandya municipal councillors hurl abuses, come to blows.
- ‘Go Raksha’ activists hurl shoe at Kanhaiya.
- I’m also able to hurl myself around the station, though most of the time I only succeed in propelling myself away from the station.
Shoe hurled at Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal (Breaking News)
Confound Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
- (verb) cause surprise or confusion in (someone), especially by not according with their expectations.“the inflation figure confounded economic analysts”
- (verb) mix up (something) with something else.“he was forever confounding managerialism with idealism”
- (verb) to contradict or refute; to confound their arguments.
- (verb) prove (a theory or expectation) wrong; “the rise in prices confounded expectations”
Confound meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उलझाना, गड़बड़ करना, उलझन में डालना, हरा देना
- Middle English: from Old French confondre, from Latin confundere ‘pour together, mix up’
Confound in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of confound
- confound = confusion found
Hum tumme itne ched karengey – Dabangg funny video
Astound Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation
- (verb) shock or greatly surprise
Astound (अस्टाउन्ड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अचंभित होना,आश्चर्यचकित करना,डराना,घबरा देना,घबड़ा देना,भयभीत करना,अचम्भित करना,चकित करना,भौंचक्का करना,हक्का बक्का करना
Astound in a sentence
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Astound
- Astound sounds like STUNT which really a wonder
Funny ad from Tide. The Halwai…