- (noun) an act of washing oneself; “the women performed their ablutions”
- (noun) a ceremonial act of washing parts of the body or sacred containers.
Ablution (ऐब्लूशन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- स्नान, अभिषेक, नहाना-धोना
- late Middle English: from Latin ablutio(n- ), from abluere, from ab- ‘away’ + luere ‘wash’. The original use was as a term in chemistry and alchemy meaning ‘purification by using liquids’, hence ‘purification of the body by washing’ (mid 16th century).
Ablution in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Broken pipes, taps, seats and doors were repaired and ablution facilities were renovated.
- Bus bays, cycle tracks, special areas for ablution, mini gardens will also be included in the design.
- We have a bathroom in there and the sink is there so people can come and do the ablution and they can also pray.
- People told the council that there was no hot running water in ablution areas.
- The Upgrade will also include a central water point with drainage, sitting areas for customers and ablution facilities.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of ablution
- ablution = “a” + “blue” + “lotion” can be used for ablution
Automatic Machine for Wadu