- (adje) lacking in vitality, force, or conviction, uninspired or uninspiring.
“no excuses were made for the team’s lacklustre performance”
- (adje) (of the hair or the eyes) not shining; dull.
“the conditioner will revitalize lacklustre hair”
Lacklustre meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- धुंधला, निष्प्रभ, निस्तेज, फीका, भावशून्य, प्रकाश हीन, बिना चमक का
Lacklustre in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Gold Rate Today: Gold trades lacklustre on muted spot demand
- Banks likely to brighten up earnings in an otherwise lacklustre Q4 …
- Match Recap: In-Form Hyderabad Beat Lacklustre Delhi by 5 Wickets
- Lacklustre poll campaigning in Yavatmal-Washim
- Mobile phone market set for lacklustre year
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Lacklustre
- (adj) lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy; “I was lackadaisical about my training”
Lackadaisical meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 18th century (also in the sense ‘feebly sentimental’): from lackaday or its obsolete extended form lackadaisy.
Lackadaisical in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Lethargic, lackadaisical and insensitive bureaucracy in India.
- World in reality has a lackadaisical approach to Tibet’s Panchen Lama.
- The writing is also curiously confused and lackadaisical.
- All three films seem to be lackadaisical when it comes to building the character of the hero.
- In its earlier orders, the court has observed that a lackadaisical approach on part of law-enforcing agencies.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of lackadaisical
- lackadaisical = lacking + spirit
Indolent [in-dl-uhnt] (adjective)
- slow or lazy,disinclined to work or exertion
Word Usage: If you want to make progress you have to shed your indolence first
- slow to heal or develop and usually painless
Word usage: an indolent ulcer that is not painful and is slow to heal