- (verb) make (someone) unable to think or feel properly; “As the days passed, the heat would stupefy us, making us too tired to even talk”
- (verb) astonish and shock; “the amount they spend on clothes would stupefy their grandparents”
Stupefy (स्टूपफाइ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अचंभे में डालना, चकित करना, मति-मंद करना
- late Middle English: from French stupéfier, from Latin stupefacere, from stupere ‘be struck senseless’.
Stupefy in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- A Harry Potter wedding: Everything magical to ‘Stupefy‘ their wedding guests.
- Words like nonplus, dumbfounding, stupefy …all come to life when you are in this part of the world.
- But the same ball seems to stupefy them when coming from 22 yards away.
- Not only will he stupefy the audience with his visual close-up Magic but also with his skills in ‘Mentalism’ where he reads people’s minds.
- Curiously, this excess of information does no more than stupefy us.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of stupefy
- Stupid student ko tough puzzle doge toh stupefy ho jaayega
Harry Potter: Stunning Spell – Stupefy