- (adj) lacking brightness or interest; drearily dull. “the landscape was drab and grey”
- (adj) of a dull light brown colour. “drab camouflage uniforms”
- (noun) clothes, especially trousers, made of drab. “a young man dressed in drabs”
- (noun) a slovenly woman.
- (noun) a prostitute.
Drab meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- नीरस, फीका, एक-रूप, एकाकार, धूसर, भूरा
- mid 16th century (as a noun denoting undyed cloth): probably from Old French drap ‘cloth’ (see drape).
- early 16th century: perhaps related to Low German drabbe ‘mire’ and Dutch drab ‘dregs’.
Drab in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Column: A Far Cry From The Vibrant Indian Elections … ongoing campaign for the Christmas elections in this country strangely quiet and drab.
- Pratap powers SC Railway to title, … SN Vohra’s All-India Gurmit Memorial Hockey Tournament here today. … Sector 42 Sports Complex, PNB took the lead after a drab first-half, …
- Delhi must do what little it can to strengthen the civilian …, The current juncture in Pakistan is a good moment for India to speak up on … the Maulana has lent some colour to the drab Pakistani politics.
- ISL 2019-20 diary: Problem with the opener, Kochi’s Nehru Stadium is a much sought-after venue in the Indian Super League and the season opener in two of … Drab draw on Diwali day.
- Cricketers, officials enjoy top-class facilities at matches, even …, … a series that was drab and dreary, Virat Kohli told media-persons that … Sourav Ganguly, who was India’s skipper for over half a decade and …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Drab
- Sounds like drag, if a movie is dragged unnecessarily it becomez boring or dull
How to pronounce Drab / Drab pronunciation