- (verb) voluntarily cease to keep or claim; give up; “he offered to relinquish his post as acting President”
Relinquish (रिलिंगक्विश) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- छोड़ना, त्यागना, त्याग देना, छोड़ देना, अलग करना, अलग कर देना. हाथ उठा लेना
- late Middle English: from Old French relinquiss-, lengthened stem of relinquir, from Latin relinquere, from re- (expressing intensive force) + linquere ‘to leave’.
Relinquish in a sentence (word usage from recent newspaper)
- MSK Prasad backs Dhoni’s decision to relinquish captaincy.
- Train derailments: Prabhu asks officers to act or relinquish.
- Ratan Tata to relinquish post of chairperson of Tata Trust next year.
- Anthony J. Reardon will relinquish his current operational duties but continue as executive chairman of ducommun.
- When contacted, Roy said for a fair probe, there is a need on the part of the Home Minister to relinquish his post.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of relinquish
- relinquish = release your wish
Capsize Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(verb) (of a boat) be overturned in the water
Capsize (कैप्साइज़) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late 18th century: perhaps based on Spanish capuzar ‘sink (a ship) by the head’, from cabo ‘head’ + chapuzar ‘to dive or duck’.
Capsize in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- At least 21 drown after boats capsize off Turkey.
- At least 11 migrants are dead and 13 others went missing as the boat carrying about 50 migrant labourers capsized off Greek island.
- Death toll in Egypt boat capsize rises to 33.
- 14 killed as boat capsizes off Malaysia coast.
- China ship capsize toll 18, more than 400 missing.
Mnemonic trick to remember the capsize
- cap ke size ki boat toh doob hi jaayegi
CAPSIZE IN GULF OF ALASKA
Abdicate Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner; “in 1918 Kaiser Wilhelm abdicated as German emperor”
- (verb) fail to fulfil or undertake (a responsibility or duty); “the government was accused of abdicating its responsibility”
Abdicate (ऐब्डकेट / ऐब्डकैट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- त्यागना, त्याग करना, पद त्याग करना, छोड़ देना, गद्दी छोड़ देना
- mid 16th century: from Latin abdicat- ‘renounced’, from the verb abdicare, from ab- ‘away, from’ + dicare ‘declare’.
Abdicate in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- Working after office hours is a unique prerogative of the Indian male who is socialised to abdicate from housework and child-rearing duties.
- A state cannot abdicate its responsibility in the guise of PPP, said Congress state president Sachin Pilot.
- Then should the State abdicate its constitutional duty of providing free and compulsory education to children.
- He wanted Tamil Nadu to abdicate the present power purchase policy totally and review all the agreements signed so far.
- The present debate shows the state wants to abdicate its responsibility and hand over education to private interests.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abdicate
- ab + dictator = ab dictator (ruler) nai hi apna pad chhod diya
Headlines at 8:30: Spain’s King Juan Carlos to abdicate throne