- (verb) spin quickly and lightly round, especially repeatedly. “she twirled in delight to show off her new dress”
- (verb) cause to rotate. “she twirled her fork in the pasta”
- (noun) an act of spinning. “Kate did a twirl in front of the mirror”
- (noun) a spiralling or swirling shape, especially a flourish made with a pen. “on the lid was a name written in old-fashioned twirls”
Twirl meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- चक्कर खाना, गोल गोल घूमना, घसीट, घुमाना, चक्रण, घुमाव, मोड़, आवर्तन, घुमाव
- late 16th century: probably an alteration (by association with whirl) of tirl, a variant of archaic trill ‘twiddle, spin’.
Twirl in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Who says boys don’t twirl?, Growing up in the 1980s and 1990s in India often meant you wouldn’t meet another gay person well into young adulthood. Tejuja writes with …
- The iPhone’s Make in India story, India has become an important manufacturing base as the … “I can twirl my mustache and say, ‘India can replicate China,'” he says. “The reality …
- ‘Mystery’ of rubber studs, It included Indian spin legends Bishan Singh Bedi and Erapalli Prasanna. … “His bouncy run-up and twirl of both arms at the point of delivery …
- Of love tales, twirlings, and water and air philosophies, And when you twirl, you feel a connection with the divine and away from the … Indian and Persia have a lot of similarities because India was …
- Energy, Pedigree, Numbers: Why Ravindra Jadeja, the Test …, Jadeja tipped R Ashwin to get the nod as India’s primary spinner in the two … batsmen – they will be willing to twirl that sword along with Jadeja.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Twirl
- twirl–whirl=whirlpool means clothes rotate in whirlpool machines very fastly…….