- (adj) attempting to avoid notice or attention, typically because of guilt or a belief that discovery would lead to trouble; secretive.
Furtive (फर्टिव) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गुप्त, रहस्यमय, चुराया हुआ, छिपाते हुए, लुके छिपे, चोरी छिपे
- early 17th century: from French furtif, -ive or Latin furtivus, from furtum ‘theft’.
Furtive in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- “Unlike Chris’ furtive relationship with Jennifer Lawrence, Gwyneth doesn’t mind making her happiness with Brad fully known.
- A furtive phone chat on a terrace amid clothes drying under the sun.
- She is wracked by a sense of guilt and loss after a furtive sexual adventure in a seedy hotel goes awry and ends in tragedy.
- The police described his manner as “furtive, angry and distressed,” shortly after they brought into the station.
- As Ram Dhan sits talking animatedly, he throws furtive glances at the shut kitchen.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of furtive
- Furtive ~ FARTive , subke saamne Fart karoge toh chupna padega
Chori Chori Chupke Chupke – FURTIVE