- (noun) the feeling of being bored by something tedious
Ennui (आन्वी / एनूई) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आलस, ऊब, थकान, कुछ की वजह से ऊब की भावना
- mid 18th century: French, from Latin in odio(n- ), from mihi in odio est ‘it is hateful to me’.
Ennui in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- I’m curious (and wonder if you agree) if a certain degree of superhero ennui may have settled in for Apocalypse.
- Back in 2014, White said he wasn’t sick of the ubiquitous song yet, and if ennui has set it since then, this should make him love it all over again.
- Some of Mrs. Clinton’s stalwarts in the Media are becoming anxious over their own ennui. “Why don’t I feel more excited?”
- His plan was to become a novelist, but, with creativity and inspiration giving way to boredom and ennui.
- There’s a feeling of low-level ennui here; a feeling that blurs sensation, save for the bright spots and moments that break through the bubble.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of ennui
- ennui = ‘ae’ + ‘nahi’ ho paayega bhaiya because i am bored
- (noun) an uneasy feeling of doubt, worry, or fear, especially about one’s own conduct; a misgiving; “shameless politicians have no qualms about their misdeeds”
- (archaic) a momentary faint or sick feeling.
Qualm (क्वाम) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- early 16th century (in the sense ‘momentary sick feeling’): perhaps related to Old English cw(e)alm ‘pain’, of Germanic origin.
Qualm in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- So once Pakistan amassed a score above 200, there was little qualm about the outcome.
- In fact, the biggest qualm you may have with it is the lack of provision for storage expansion.
- They will all lie supine in front of 10 JP at a mere whistle from their mistress, without any shame or qualm.
- Indeed, if anything has come out of this ugly event it is that media lies and lies without qualm.
- It has a very responsive touch screen, but our only qualm about the screen is that it is very reflective under direct sunlight.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of qualm
Guilty dog desperately asks for forgiveness
Trepidation [trep-i-dey-shuh n]
- (noun) a feeling of fear or anxiety about something that may happen.”the men set off in fear and trepidation”
- (noun) trembling movements or motion.
Trepidation (ट्रेपिडेशन / ट्रेपिडैशन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Trepidation sentences from newspaper
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Trepidation
- Intrepid is fearless, so Trepid is fearfull….:P
Exam Trepidation Workshop