- (adj) (of a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world; “the disease is pandemic in Africa”
- (noun) an outbreak of a pandemic disease; “the AIDS pandemic”
Pandemic (पैन्डेमिक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सर्वव्यापी महामारी, आम, देशव्यापी, विश्वव्यापी, सर्वव्यापी
- mid 17th century: from Greek pandēmos (from pan ‘all’ + dēmos ‘people’) + -ic.
Pandemic in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- It is now considered a pandemic.
- The real issue… is the protection of vulnerable women and children and an endeavour to cure the pandemic.
- Experts: Zika Virus has explosive pandemic potential.
- Will we ever be able to treat cancer for US$1 a day? The world is headed towards cancer pandemic.
- Diabetes has been recognized as a global pandemic and the latest numbers paint a startling picture.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pandemic
- pandemic,epidemic,endemic….say pandemic is whole world,epidemic whole country and endemic is for a city or particular in a community.