- (adj) forbidden by law, rules, or custom; “illicit drugs”
illicit (इलिसट / इलिसिट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi dictionary)
- अनुचित, अवैध, गैरकानूनी, नाजायज, ग़ैरकानूनी
- early 16th century: from French, or from Latin illicitus, from in- ‘not’ + licitus (see licit).
illicit in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Illicit liquor factory unearthed in UP.
- UP: Minor hacks sister to death over illicit relationship.
- The announcement comes after French prosecutors confirmed their suspicions that the illicit payment was made to a secret account.
- During the last six years, the illicit segment has grown by 43 per cent and the tax-paid cigarette volume has declined by 11 per cent.
- Gora had developed an illicit relationship with Rani.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of illicit
- illicit = ill + city (doing ill to city -> illicit drugs)
Illicit Relationship exposed at Ramnagar in Karimnagar district | CVR English