- (adj) unnecessary, especially through being more than enough; “the purchaser should avoid asking for superfluous information”
Superfluous (सुपर्फ्लूअस / सूपर्फ्ल्वस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- अतिरिक्त, अनावश्यक, निरर्थक, फ़ालतू, ज़रूरत से ज़्यादा, अति अधिक
- late Middle English: from Latin superfluus, from super- ‘over’ + fluere ‘to flow’.
Superfluous in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper editorial)
- The ‘superfluous‘ branches would be merged with the nearest SBI branch.
- Had James Milner converted his penalty and Liverpool held off Southampton for all three points, all talk of style would be superfluous.
- It is therefore superfluous to equate Hindutva with singing Vande Mataram, teaching yoga or doing surya namaskar.
- A pod hotel tends to strip a hotel room of all the superfluous facilities and compresses it down to space for a single person’s use.
- The Kolkata Knight Riders suffered a minor setback in their last game when they were blown away by David Warner’s superfluous 126.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of superfluous
- super = over… fluous = flow… overflow
illicit Vocab meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) forbidden by law, rules, or custom; “illicit drugs”
illicit (इलिसट / इलिसिट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi dictionary)
- अनुचित, अवैध, गैरकानूनी, नाजायज, ग़ैरकानूनी
- early 16th century: from French, or from Latin illicitus, from in- ‘not’ + licitus (see licit).
illicit in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Illicit liquor factory unearthed in UP.
- UP: Minor hacks sister to death over illicit relationship.
- The announcement comes after French prosecutors confirmed their suspicions that the illicit payment was made to a secret account.
- During the last six years, the illicit segment has grown by 43 per cent and the tax-paid cigarette volume has declined by 11 per cent.
- Gora had developed an illicit relationship with Rani.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of illicit
- illicit = ill + city (doing ill to city -> illicit drugs)
Illicit Relationship exposed at Ramnagar in Karimnagar district | CVR English
Unconscionable Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Word List
Unconscionable [uhn-kon-shuh-nuh-buhl] (adjective)
- not guided by conscience; unscrupulous
- greatly exceeding bounds of reason or moderation
Unconscionable Word Usage:
- an unconscionable spending
- an unconscionable liar
- an unconscionable behavior
- an unconscionable profit
Shareholders have had to wait an unconscionable time for the facts to be established