- (noun) an unmarried girl or young woman. “two knights fought to win the hand of a fair maiden”
- (noun) an over in which no runs are scored.
- (adj) (of an older woman) unmarried. “a maiden aunt”
- (adj) (of a female animal) not having mated. “the top-priced maiden heifer”
- (adj) being or involving the first attempt or act of its kind. “the Titanic’s maiden voyage”
- (adj) denoting a horse that has never won a race, or a race intended for such horses. “the Beckhampton Maiden Stakes”
- (adj) (of a tree or other fruiting plant) in its first year of growth.
Maiden meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- प्रथम, कुंवारी, कुमारीई, अविवाहिता, मेडन बिना रन दिये, मेडन्, युवती
- Old English mægden, from a Germanic diminutive meaning ‘maid, virgin’; related to German Mädchen, diminutive of Magd ‘maid’, from an Indo-European root shared by Old Irish mug ‘boy, servant’.
Maiden in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- UNIQLO turns to ethnic wear for India launch, Interestingly, UNIQLO’s India collaboration stands apart as not all … Ltd announced a three-store line-up for India starting with its maiden store …
- India vs West Indies: Ishant Sharma hits maiden fifty in 92nd Test, Ishant Sharma scored his maiden Test and second first class fifty to help India post a strong total on Day 2 of the second and final Test against …
- Governors of Five US States to Visit India Over Next Two Months to …, The unprecedented move of five American governors visiting India in quick … on his maiden trip to India with a high-powered trade delegation.
- Avesh Khan hits maiden fifty, denies India Green lead, Avesh Khan hogged the limelight with his maiden first class half-century in an incredible rearguard action as India Red and India Green set up …
- Bumrah’s hat-trick, Vihari’s maiden ton take India to commanding …, Jasprit Bumrah became only the third Indian to scalp a hat-trick in five-day cricket after Hanuma Vihari scored a maiden ton to take the visitors …
From the Vault: Kohli's maiden Test ton