- (verb) make someone aware of or familiar with; “new staff should be acquainted with fire exit routes”
- (verb) know someone slightly; “I am not personally acquainted with him”
Acquaint (अक्वेन्ट / अक्वैन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- परिचित करना, अवगत करना, परिचय देना
- Middle English: from Old French acointier ‘make known’, from late Latin accognitare, from Latin accognoscere, from ad- ‘to’ + cognoscere ‘come to know’.
Acquaint in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Indian stories, not just to acquaint them with what is essentially theirs but also because there is a treasure of tales that this civilisation offers.
- The director specially arrived here to acquaint himself with the prevailing state of affairs on the campus so as to sort them all.
- It took a lot of convincing from his guru in Malaysia for Sen to arrive in Chennai during Margazhi season to acquaint himself with Carnatic music.
- So we wonder if he has got time to properly acquaint himself with the JNU culture.
- The toll plaza operators must also ensure that the staff is given a minimum training of seven days to acquaint them with the dos and don’ts.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of acquaint
- acquaint = acqua = aqua guard, imagine Hema malini coming to your house to acquaint you with do’s and don’ts of using aquagaurd 🙂
Jehovah’s Witnesses began a new initiative to acquaint people in Manhattan