- (noun) an earnest or humble request; “he ignored her entreaties”
Entreaty (एन्ट्रीटी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- अनुनय-विनय, निवेदन, प्रार्थना, विनती, विनय, इसरार, फ़रियाद, मिन्नत
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘treatment, management’; formerly also as intreaty ): from entreat, on the pattern of treaty.
Entreaty in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Trump must not go wobbly and consent to this fake entreaty.
- Supplication is an earnest request or humble entreaty.
- Michael B. Curry reminded us of Martin Luther King’s entreaty at last week’s royal wedding.
- Then, he sealed the deal with this entreaty to the Governor.
- In 1866, West Virginia refused Virginia’s entreaty to do so.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of entreaty
- entreaty – bhaiya stag entry de do.. no gf 🙁
- (verb) convert or attempt to convert (someone) from one religion, belief, or opinion to another; “I’m not here to proselytize”
- (verb) advocate or promote (a belief or course of action); “Davis wanted to share his concept and proselytize his ideas”
Proselytize (प्रासलटाइज़ / प्रासलिटाइज़) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- 1670s, “to make proselytes,” from proselyte + -ize. Related: Proselytized ; proselytizing.
Proselytize in a sentence (important vocabulary in recent newspaper)
- It has been said that Mother Teresa was part of the missionary and her primary role here was to proselytize.
- This includes a duty to proselytize to both non-Muslims and Muslims who have, in their view, ‘deviated’ from the ‘correct’ path”, she said.
- ‘Islamic televangelism’ is defined as: “The use of the television medium to proselytize the audience and viewers.
- You cannot freely proselytize in Muslim countries.
- Hindus didn’t have to go out and proselytize like the Christians, as if to prove our worth to our faith.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of proselytize
Admonish Vocab Meme Dicitionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
- (verb) to caution, advise, or counsel against something
- (verb) to reprove or scold, especially in a mild and good-willed manner:
“The teacher admonished him about excessive noise”
- (verb) to urge to a duty; remind, “to admonish them about their obligations”
Admonish (ऐड्मानिश) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सावधान करना, कान खोलना, नम्रता से झिड़कना, साधारण चेतावनी देना, गम्भीरता से सलाह देना
- Middle English amonest ‘urge, exhort’, from Old French amonester, based on Latin admonere ‘urge by warning’
Admonish in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of admonish
- Mom admonishing ” beta so jao nahi De-mon aa jaayega”
Sunny Deol Admonishing 🙂