- (noun) an extremely wicked or cruel act, typically one involving physical violence or injury. “a textbook which detailed war atrocities”
- (noun) a highly unpleasant or distasteful object. “atrocities in cheap red nylon”
Atrocity meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- अत्याचार, नृशंसता, अति पाप, क्रूरता, अतिदुष्ट व्यवहार, उद्दंडता, क्रूरता, नृशंसता
- mid 16th century (in the sense ‘cruelty’): from French atrocité or Latin atrocitas, from atrox, atroc- ‘cruel’.
Atrocity in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- 100 Years Ago | 7 September 2019, Little by little this kind of atrocity committed under the guise of official sanction must be made as impossible in India as, for fifty years at any rate, …
- Not much to celebrate on 15 August owing to atrocities in …, On the occasion of India’s 73rd Independence Day, various political … miles away it’s clear that what’s happening in Kashmir is an atrocity.
- Old video of youth allegedly beaten by Indian army men viral …, A video where army men can be seen brutally thrashing a man is viral on social media with the claim that the atrocity is taking place in Kashmir.
- What Reporting On The Begusarai Dalit Atrocity Case Has Told Me About The … media avoids because it does not suit their Dalit atrocity narrative. ….. to fact check and counter malicious fake news being spread about India.
- Uttar Pradesh government is committing atrocity: Azam Khan …, Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Azam Khan on Monday said that the state government is committing an “atrocity” to win the upcoming bypolls in …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Atrocity
- divide it like.atro(sounds like metro)+city …and we always get the news of brutel and cruel behaviour ..from METRO (ATRO)CITIES…
- Remember TROY-CITY, if have seen the Hollywood movie Troy, you can remember this easily.In Troy, Greek destroyed everything,killed thousands of unarmed man,children etc
Centre To Challenge SC's Dilution Of Arrest Clause In Dalit Atrocity Act