- (adj) (of a disease or poison) extremely severe or harmful in its effects;“a virulent strain of influenza”
- (adj) bitterly hostile;“a virulent attack on liberalism”
Virulent (विरलन्ट / विर्यलन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उग्र, जहरीला, तीखा, द्रोही, विषमय, विषाक्त, विषैला, संक्रामक
- late Middle English (originally describing a poisoned wound): from Latin virulentus, from virus ‘poison’
Virulent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Virulent CPM hatred triggered attack on CITU leader.
- In this past week we have seen virulent hysteria from political leaders on a scale rarely seen before.
- Even while targeting BJP, parties are competing with each other to be seen as the most virulent critic of the half-baked move.
- Strain of dengue in Delhi less virulent, says health secretary.
- On the social media, the tone is virulent; one asked, “why should every policy be about the poor.” Why indeed?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Virulent
Garish Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with Picture Dictionary
(adj) obtrusively bright and showy; lurid
Garish (गेरिश) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
भड़कीला, सुहावना, दिखावटी, देखौवा, चमकोला
- mid 16th century: of unknown origin
Garish in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- A woman who has painted her £15 million home in ‘garish‘ red and white stripes has been told by the courts that she has 28 DAYS to fix it.
- Its flamboyant chief is known as the “guru in bling” for his penchant for garish clothes and jewellery.
- Ensure that you look graceful and not garish.
- When he was captured, Rolling Stone released a photo of Penn and Chapo shaking hands, with Chapo wearing a garish striped shirt.
- we’ve even heard of washrooms being painted in garish colours to dissuade employees from spending too much time in there.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of garish
- garish ~ gayish -> imagine a gay person wearing garish (chamkele) clothes
Bollywood’s GARISH Dress Costumes