- (verb) look thoughtfully for a long time at. “he contemplated his image in the mirrors”
- (verb) think about. “she couldn’t even begin to contemplate the future”
- (verb) think deeply and at length. “he sat morosely contemplating”
- (verb) have in view as a probable intention. “he was contemplating action for damages”
Contemplate meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- विचार करना, ध्यान से देखना, सोचना, ध्यान करना, इरादा रखना, चिंतन करना, मनन करना
- late 16th century: from Latin contemplat- ‘surveyed, observed, contemplated’, from the verb contemplari, based on templum ‘place for observation’.
Contemplate in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- What Does IoT Mean to India? (Infographic), Since we have understood the bits of IoT, it’s important to contemplate the importance of IoT in India and how the technology can be used for …
- ‘We can feel the Valley air’: Kashmiri Pandits rejoice, “It’s a red-letter day in the history of India, particularly for lakhs of … so they could, one day, seriously contemplate returning to the region. “It may..
- West Indies vs India 2019: 3 changes that India could make for the …, The Indian bowlers ran riot in the first T20I as they bundled out the West … we discuss the three changes that India might contemplate making in …
- Kishore Kumar: The voice of now, … Rafi and Manna Dey, Kishore refused to contemplate beyond a point. … famous Illustrated Weekly of India interview, published in April 1984, …
- SC asks Centre to contemplate on making laws to regulate app-based …, New Delhi: The Supreme Court, on Wednesday, asked the Central government to consider bringing a law to regulate app-based taxi service …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Contemplate
- CONTEMPLATE== CON(HINDI WALLA “KAUN”) TEMPLE MAIN “GOLD PLATE” LAYA….SOCHO AUR BATAO?? THINK DEEPLY
- Imagine you are thinking about content of a plate at restaurant.