- (adj) not having any serious purpose or value. “frivolous ribbons and lacy frills”
- (adj) (of a person) carefree and superficial. “the frivolous, fun-loving flappers of the twenties”
Frivolous meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- गंभीरता से विचार न करने वाला, हल्का, बेहूदा, तुच्छ
- late Middle English: from Latin frivolus ‘silly, trifling’ + -ous.
Frivolous in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- State terms plea of lawyer ‘frivolous‘, Pune: The state prosecution on Saturday told a special judge to initiate contempt of court proceedings against lawyer Chandrakant Bidkar, …
- MCA floats a new testing proposal to filter frivolous …, This has been entrusted with the Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs, which shall provide a portal for registration and administer the test.
- False, frivolous allegations: Chief selector MSK Prasad hits …, Speaking to a newspaper, the 82-year-old Engineer, who played 46 Tests for India, ridiculed the credentials of India’s five-member selection …
- Kartarpur Corridor opens door to humanity, These are challenging times for both India and Pakistan but the land on which Guru Nanak travelled and preached … This fee issue is frivolous.
- The greatest threat to Pakistan comes from Afghanistan rather …, The Maulana dismissed these concerns as frivolous. … The broad agreement in Islamabad that India is the threat and the Taliban is an ally, …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Frivolous
- Fri-vo-lous ~Free – If something is free, u dont take it seriously, you think oh they are giving it for free coz its not that important stuff.. or not the stuff in demand.. or not the stuff taken seriously by public..
- Fri+vol+ous = Free+Will ->one who acts with his own will, carefree, not serious.
How to Pronounce Frivolous