- An official appointed to investigate individuals’ complaints against a company or organization, especially a public authority
- (noun) ombudsman (plural ombudsmen) An appointed official whose duty is to investigate complaints, generally on behalf of individuals such as consumers or taxpayers, against institutions such as companies and government departments.
Ombudsman meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- लोकपाल, प्रशासनिक शिकायत जाँच अधिकारी.
- 1950s: from Swedish, ‘legal representative’.
Ombudsman in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- BCCI Ombudsman to decide Pandya and Rahul’s fate after COA refers
- Tax ombudsmen abolished: Experts raise concern
- Pakistan blocked UN ombudsman visit but still no respite for Hafiz Saeed
- Justice DK Jain appointed BCCI ombudsman
- Not yet apprised of govt’s decision on telecom ombudsman: TRAI to DoT
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Ombudsman
- OH MAN I need an OmbudsMAN for this problem