- (verb) (of a state or feeling) decrease in vigour or extent; become weaker; “confidence in the dollar waned”
- (verb) (of the moon) have a progressively smaller part of its visible surface illuminated, so that it appears to decrease in size; “the moon is waning”
- (Phrase) on the wane — becoming weaker or less extensive; “the epidemic was on the wane”
- (noun) the amount by which a plank or log is bevelled or falls short of a squared shape; “I cut the log into slabs without removing the outside wane”
Wane (वेन / वैन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- उतरना, घटना, ढलना, कम होना, क्षीण होना, अधोगति, अवनति, कमी, क्षय, घटाव, पतन, ह्रास, चंद घटना
- Old English wanian ‘lessen’, of Germanic origin; related to Latin vanus ‘vain’.
Wane in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Manufacturing activity picks up but optimism continues to wane.
- US Report Says Anti-Americanism On the Wane in Greece.
- India’s craze for gold on the wane as yellow metal gets dearer.
- Atheism may be on the wane in Britain.
- Davos: Citigroup CEO admits London focus will wane after Brexit.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of wane
- wane === opposite of gain
Enervate Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi meaning with pictures
Enervate [v. en-er-veyt; adj. ih-nur-vit]
- (adj) lacking in energy or vitality “enervated tone”
- (verb) make (someone) feel drained of energy or vitality; “enervating heat”
Enervate (एनर्वेट / इ नर्विट / एनर्वेट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- ढीला, कमज़ोर, हतोत्साह करना, शक्तिहीन करना, कमज़ोर करना
- early 17th century: from Latin enervat- ‘weakened (by extraction of the sinews)’, from the verb enervare, from e- (variant of ex-) ‘out of’ + nervus ‘sinew’.
Enervate in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of enervate
- Enervate = Energy + waste
Revital – ‘enervate’ hona manna hai
Adulterate Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi Translation with picture
- (verb) to debase or make impure by adding inferior materials or elements; use cheaper, inferior, or less desirable goods in the production,“to adulterate food”
- (adj) impure or debased; cheapened in quality or purity “Adulterate remedies”
Adulterate (अडल्टरेट / अडल्टरैट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मिलावटी,अशुद्ध करना,भ्रष्ट करना,मिलावट कर
- early 16th century (as an adjective): from Latin adulterat- ‘corrupted’, from the verb adulterare
Adulterate in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Adulteration
- Adulterate ~ alternate, ek pure ek impure… 1010101… Mixed
Milk Adulteration Video | Man caught on camera adulterating milk in broad daylight. (Spy Video)