(adj) relating to marriage or weddings; “the nuptial festivities”
(noun) a wedding; “Queen Sofia arrived in Mumbai yesterday for her daughter’s nuptials”
Nuptial (नप्शल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
ब्याह, विवाह, शादी, शादी का, वैवाहिक, विवाह संबंधी
- late 15th century: from Old French, or from Latin nuptialis, from nuptiae ‘wedding’, from nubere ‘to wed’; related to nubile.
Nuptial in a sentence (Word usage in recent newspaper)
- 20-year-Old Nigeria International Moses Simon will Today tie the nuptial knot with his fiancee, Ibukun Adenuga in Ibadan.
- After Harbhajan Singh, Rohit Shrama is now all set to tie the nuptial knot with his long time girlfriend Ritika Sajdeh.
- Although contractual marriage is illegal in India, there are some adventurous couples who make this pre-nuptial thing really fun to be in!
- It seems Minaj’s followers favoured the idea of a beach nuptial ceremony.
- Most of the Christian couples prefer to tie the nuptial knot during Christmas.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of nuptial
- Nuptial ~ nuptial(wedding) knot
Indian cricketer Harbhajan Singh ties nuptial knot (Oct 30, 2015)