- (noun) a man who is rough or clumsy and unintelligent; “they are just big, clumsy oafs”
Oaf (ओफ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- उल्लू, गंवार, मूर्ख, जारज संतान, बेवकूफ़ आदमी, गोबर-गणेश
- early 17th century: variant of obsolete auf, from Old Norse álfr ‘elf’. The original meaning was ‘elf’s child, changeling’, later ‘idiot child’ and ‘halfwit’, generalized in the current sense.
Oaf in a sentence
- Since the oaf never performed very well in school, he became lazy by living for years in his parent’s basement never being able to gain employment.
- With the oaf’s foolish answer in class, everyone rolled their eyes and ignored any future answers he would say
- While attempting to rob the bank, the oaf accidentally wrote his name on the slip he gave the bank teller demanding money.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of reverberate
- Loafer mein chhupa hai oaf
Miniature Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) very small of its kind
- (noun) painting or drawing included in a book (especially in illuminated medieval manuscripts)
- (noun) a copy that reproduces a person or thing in greatly reduced size
Miniature (मिनीअचर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi dictionary)
- लघु, छोटा, छोटे आकार का, अति सूक्ष्म, सूक्ष्म आकार का चित्र
- late 16th century: from Italian miniatura, via medieval Latin from Latin miniare ‘rubricate, illuminate’, from minium ‘red lead, vermilion’ (used to mark particular words in manuscripts).
Miniature in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- She has thoughtfully created miniature counterparts as small as 12″x12″ of the larger paintings, with the intricacies only getting finer.
- A cricket fan in England has hand-built a miniature stadium in memory of late Australian Phillip Hughes.
- Railways enthusiasts can view miniature train models at the Bengaluru city railway station soon.
- Generally, the mosquito’s breeding spots are found in mini-fountains, feng shui plants and miniature artificial ponds.
- He saw the miniature models of the houses to be constructed in Warangal town.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of miniature
- miniature mein chuppa hai “mini”
Miniature French fries. mini food
Minuscule Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture Dictionary
Minuscule [min–uh-skyool, mi-nuhs-kyool]
- (adj) extremely small; tiny; “a minuscule fragment of DNA”
- (adj) so small as to be insignificant; “he believed the risk of infection was minuscule”
- (adj) (of letters or writing) small; not capital.
- (noun) a small cursive script developed in the 7th century a.d. from theuncial, which it afterward superseded.
Minuscule (मिनस्क्यूल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- छोटा अक्षर, अल्प, बहुत कम, बहुत छोटा, बहुत सूक्ष्म
- early 18th century: from French, from Latin minuscula (littera) ‘somewhat smaller (letter)’.
Minuscule in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Other communities like Buddhist, Jains and Sikhs constitute only a minuscule portion of the population of the five states.
- More surprising, investigators have found that the giant cloud of minuscule particles spread around the globe blocked sunlight.
- Once we were done paying for the wax and other raw materials, the measure of profit was minuscule.
- We had ventured into segments such as commercial, land and short stays, which form a minuscule share of the real estate market.
- The initial meetings between Modi and Sharif indicated that the two leaders might find common ground to boost minuscule trade flows.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of minuscule
- Minus – too many minus would make it minuscule
Minuscule Valley Of The Lost Ants – Special Load (Excerpt)