- (adj) involving or causing sudden great damage or suffering. “a catastrophic earthquake”
- (adj) extremely unfortunate or unsuccessful. “catastrophic mismanagement of the economy”
- (adj) involving a sudden and large-scale alteration in state. “the body undergoes catastrophic collapse towards the state of a black hole”
- (adj) relating to geological catastrophism.
Catastrophic meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- विनाशकारी, अनर्थकारी, आपाती, प्रलयंकर
Catastrophic in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Scrapping Article 370 will be ‘catastrophic‘, says Mehbooba Mufti, SRINAGAR: India has failed Kashmir in keeping its promises, PDP chief and former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Mehbooba Mufi said on …
- Former CMs of J&K fear ‘catastrophic consequences’, Press Trust of India Former chief ministers of Jammu and Kashmir Omar Abdullah and Mehbooba Mufti on Monday reacted angrily to the …
- Tiger flees wildlife park for Assam shop amid catastrophic India floods, With Assam usually one of the worst-hit Indian states during the annual rains, the park has been building ridges for the animals to swim to, …
- Manage land better to prevent catastrophic breakdown …. land must change dramatically if we are to avert catastrophic climate change.
- Nuclear-armed India and Pakistan move closer to war after Kashmir annexation … This catastrophic and unconstitutional decision taken under …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Catastrophic
- Cut a trophy:: if we loss the trophy then that event will be big loss misfortune , so is the meaning –> event resulting in great loss and misfortune
- jab kutte ne KATA on the “TROUGH” then disaster happens!!!