- (verb) suggest or hint (something bad) in an indirect and unpleasant way. “he was insinuating that I had no self-control”
- (verb) slide (oneself or a thing) slowly and smoothly into a particular place. “I insinuated my shoulder in the gap”
- (verb) manoeuvre oneself into (a favourable position) by subtle manipulation. “he insinuated himself into the king’s confidence”
Insinuate meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- चालाकी भरा संकेत करना, ह्रदय में बिठाना, धीरे धीरे उकसाना, इशारा करना, चालाकी से सुझाना, धीरे-धीरे भड़काना, परोक्ष रूप से सुझाना, संकेत करना
- early 16th century (in the sense ‘enter (a document) on the official register’): from Latin insinuat- ‘introduced tortuously’, from the verb insinuare, from in- ‘in’ + sinuare ‘to curve’.
Insinuate in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Sagarika Ghose shares an old report to insinuate that the Army is using … a recent one to insinuate that the Indian Armed Forces are employing …
- An RSS-Backed Body Says There’s No Need for Sex …., He then went on to insinuate that every time sex education has been … In India, learning about the birds and the bees can be a conflicting …
- ‘Disturb’ tag on Kashmir visit, Jammu and Kashmir government spokesperson Rohit Kansal on Saturday appeared to insinuate that the aborted visit by an Opposition …
- Rhea Chakraborty calls Chhichhore ‘brilliant film’. Rumored …, Probably your question, if well-founded, will help me insinuate it to the other person to know what to say next time. And probably when you put …
- Susanna Reid unimpressed by Paul Hollywood’s organ …, Broadcaster India Willoughby and Jane Evans also joined the … shows and doesn’t want to have to explain what they insinuate to her children.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Insinuate
- IN(not)+SIGN….without any signal i.e indirectly hint or imply ….
- The girl has lost her memory. The boy telling her – This is the INStitute IN which U ATE. He is trying to HINT, IMPLY to her.