- (adj) making or indicative of timely preparation for the future.
“she had learned to be provident”
Provident meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- दूरदर्शी, मितव्ययी, सौभाग्यपूर्ण, दैवकृत,भविष्य निधि,भगवन की दया से, मिट्र संघ
- late Middle English: from Latin provident- ‘foreseeing, attending to’, from the verb providere (see provide).
Provident in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- India: India’s Provident Fund Law: Proposed Amendments …, Definition of ‘wages’ to be aligned with the Code on Wages, 2019; Flexibility to be provided to fix varying rates of provident fund contributions …
- India: Latest Directions By The Employees Provident Fund …, India: Latest Directions By The Employees Provident Fund Department Governing Inspection / Investigation Notices To Establishments.
- India: Proposal To Amend The Employees’ Provident Fund …, The Ministry of Labour and Employment (the “Ministry”) has proposed to amend the Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions …
- Provident Fund (PF) Withdrawal Rules 2019, The main objective behind the employees’ provident fund (EPF) account is to cultivate savings habit among the salaried-class people.
- Take home salaries in India may rise at the cost of employee …, As of now, both the employers and the employees each contribute 12% of the salary to the Employee Provident Fund Organisation; The …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Provident
- to remember this, think about ‘LIC PROVIDENT FUND POLICY’which is kept for future use.
- Provident=Providing Prudently.
VPF – Voluntary Provident Fund in India