- (adj) engaged in, involving, or reflecting deep or serious thought; “a pensive mood”
Pensive (पेन्सिव) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- चिंताग्रस्त, ध्यानपरायण, उदासीन, धयान मगन
- late Middle English: from Old French pensif, -ive, from penser ‘think’, from Latin pensare ‘ponder’, frequentative of pendere ‘weigh’.
Pensive in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- BJP-backed independent candidate Preeti Mahapatra in a pensive mood after she lost the Rajya Sabha election in Lucknow on Saturday.
- It usually starts with the girl worried, pensive and full of self-doubt. It’s just not working out for her. Till she meets the seven day cream. Applies it.
- MS Dhoni Biopic Poster Features a Pensive Sushant Singh Rajput.
- He sounded tired, pensive, almost despondent.
- In another image, 26-year-old Anna looked pensive while filming alongside Teen wolf star Jackson Heywood.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pensive
- imagine a image with “pen” in your mouth – you will look pensive
Melancholic [mel-uh n-kol-ik]
(adj) sadness, or a person who feels this way
(adj) disposed to or affected with melancholy; gloomy
Melancholic (मेलन्कालिक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
अवसादग्रस्त, उदास, म्लान, विषादग्रस्त, विषादपूर्ण, उदासी की अवस्था
- Middle English: from Old French melancolie, via late Latin from Greek melankholia, from melas, melan- ‘black’ + kholē ‘bile’, an excess of which was formerly believed to cause depression
Melancholic in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- I felt melancholic about this.
- For it’s when we’re melancholic that words flow for most of us and the emoji simply usurps those words.
- But having said that, The Lovers and the Leavers is not a melancholic book.
- What is commendable is that both actors effortlessly transition from happy to melancholic to even angry in some scenes.
- His demeanour suggests a meditative melancholic mood.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Melancholic
- melan = ‘black’ = sadness
Bollywood – Melancholic scenes