Addiction meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- लत, व्यसन, अविरति
Addiction meaning in English (Vocabulary words)
- (noun) the fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance or activity. “he committed the offence to finance his drug addiction”
Addiction origin (Root word)
- late 16th century (denoting a person’s inclination or proclivity): from Latin addictio(n- ), from addicere ‘assign’ (see addicted).
Addiction in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Cut pocket money, check abuse: ATTSA, They basically target youths to get them addicted to drugs. However, it is not possible for a student or a middle-class person to support drug …
- Drug addict to MasterChef Australia: Jock Zonfrillo”s incredible …, New Delhi, Dec 25 (IANS) Once a homeless drug addict, Jock Zonfrillo has become the new face of … The show is aired in India on Star World.
- Numbers that lure to kill, Chennai: For every single case of AIDS detected in India, hundreds go … run up huge debts due to his addiction to the ‘three number’
- lottery.Mass Opioid Abuse Is ‘Destabilizing’ World’s Poorest Nations, Mass abuse of the opioid tramadol spans continents, from India to … had become opioid addicted would resort to heroin out of desperation.
- Narcotics Anonymous to help fight drug addiction, MADURAI: Narcotics Anonymous (NA), an organization formed to help drug addicts recover from their addiction and rehabilitate has started …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Addiction
- diction sounds like fiction.reading fiction stories became a compulsary habbit to me to read until i will complete the book.
- “ad+dict+ion” – dict means say, so saying yes to some habit is addicted to that habit