- (noun) the criminal act of deliberately setting fire to property.
Arson meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late 17th century: an Anglo-Norman French legal term, from medieval Latin arsio(n- ), from Latin ardere ‘to burn’.
Arson in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- UKZN management condemns arson attack.
- Three teens arrested in connection with Cawston arson attack.
- ARSON CHARGES: Woman set fire in building, DA says.
- Arson Suspected At Northland Mosque Under Construction.
- Woman found guilty of arson released from hospital.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of arson
- arson – arre son, yeh kya kiya tumhne.. aag laga di..
Acrid Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
- (adj) unpleasantly bitter or pungent; “the acrid smell of smoke clung about the building”
Acrid (ऐक्रिड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- तीखा, चरपरा, कटु, उग्र, कड़ुवा
- early 18th century: formed irregularly from Latin acer, acri- ‘sharp, pungent’ + -id1, probably influenced by acid.
Acrid in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- These days flavours of apple, mint, cheery, even chocolate and coffee are added to mask the acrid taste of tobacco.
- After having sex with her husband, she would sleep in a separate room, the sheets slowly soaking with an acrid smell.
- The blaze has belched acrid smoke across a widespread area of Southern California, prompting air quality warnings.
- My nostrils dilate while savoring the acrid odor of gunpowder and blood.
- The acrid smell of tear gas fills the air.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of acrid
- Acrid – Acid like ( ‘r’ hata do)
Affinity Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture Dictionary
- (noun) a natural liking for and understanding of someone or something; “she had a special affinity with horses”
- (noun) a similarity of characteristics suggesting a relationship, especially a resemblance in structure between animals, plants, or languages; “a semantic affinity between two words”
- (anthropology) kinship by marriage or adoption; not a blood relationship.
- (biochemistry) the degree to which a substance tends to combine with another; “the bacterial proteins bind to these molecules with high affinity”
Affinity (अफिनटी / अफिनिटी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आकर्षण, नाता, बन्धुत्व, मिलनसारिता, रिश्तेदारी, विवाह-सम्बन्ध, संबंध, समानता
- Middle English (in the sense ‘relationship by marriage’): via Old French from Latin affinitas, from affinis ‘related’ (literally ‘bordering on’), from ad- ‘to’ + finis ‘border’.
Affinity in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- However, insiders say Jaipur could well be the frontrunner, particularly as Mumbai Indians have an affinity towards this city.
- Living here in London, I grew up with a strong affinity to Bombay.
- Having grown up shuttling between Mumbai and Pune, 33-year-old Assad Dadan always had an affinity for food.
- After that he lost his job and his affinity towards alcohol grew worse.
- I have felt a strong affinity for my nation since my childhood, for my land, for this soil.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of affinity
- affinity = a feel near city (e.g affinity to Bombay)
Agape Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) (of a person’s mouth) wide open in surprise or wonder.
- (noun) (Christian theology) the love of God or Christ for mankind.
- (noun) selfless love of one person for another without sexual implications.
- (noun) a religious meal shared as a sign of love and fellowship.
Agape (अगैप / आगापे) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आश्चर्य की दशा में, मुँह बाये हुए, भौंचक्का
- mid 17th century: from a-2 ‘on’ + gape.
Agape in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The bride and groom were agape at seeing the VIP.
- That Tata Steel went on to pay $12 billion, 50% more than its initial bid, left several market mouths agape.
- You’d possibly think that it’s impossible to experience an agape love—a love that’s absolute and unconditional, the highest forms of love.
- Teenage monk leaves spectators agape with memory show.
- Rameshwar’s mouth was agape, like the opening of a weaver bird’s nest.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of agape
- agape = a + gap (in your mouth)
This video will leave your mouth agape
Affirm Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) state emphatically or publicly; “he affirmed that they would lend military assistance”
- (verb) declare one’s support for; uphold; defend; “the charter affirmed the right of national minorities to use their own language”
- (law) accept or confirm the validity of (a judgement or agreement); ratify;”the Court of Appeal affirmed a decision of the High Court”
- (law) make a formal declaration rather than taking an oath; “he refused to take the oath but chose simply to affirm on being admitted to the Privy Council”
- (verb) offer (someone) emotional support or encouragement; “there are five common ways parents fail to affirm their children”
Affirm (अफर्म) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मान लेना, स्वीकार करना, पुष्टि करना, प्रतिज्ञान करना, अनुमोदन करना, दावे से कहना
- Middle English (in the sense ‘make firm’): via Old French from Latin affirmare, from ad- ‘to’ + firmus ‘strong’.
Affirm in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- In fact, every industry statesman will affirm that leadership centred around values is inevitable for the building of a legacy.
- As a litterateur, I affirm that the current so-called “intolerance” by regional and nation media is of no help.
- YSR Congress MLAs affirm faith in Jagan’s leadership.
- The violent battle on 22 March in Hyderabad University seems part of an ongoing coordinated action to affirm dominance and power.
- Ask firmly, negotiate smartly, affirm gently, and settle happily!
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of affirm
- Affirm = A + ‘firm’ statement
You Must Affirm What You Want! (Law Of Attraction)