- (adj) sentimental in an exaggerated or false way; “a long and mawkish poem”
Mawkish (मॉकिश) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अति भावुक, चापलूसीभरा, घिनौना, कुत्सित
Mawkish in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- The film, however, is best when it focuses on key issues of old age with subtlety and dignity, never making it mawkish.
- There are no grand designs, no mawkish emotions and yet it is deliciously entertaining.
- The protagonist may face unfavourable situations but they don’t make you mawkish.
- Wilson called her writing “mawkish and banal”.
- It’s hard to make a movie featuring a cancer-ridden protagonist without resorting to grating sentimentality and mawkish melodrama.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Mawkish
- “Maa” itna “kiss” mat karo, my friends find it mawkish (over senti)
Time to listen a Mawkish Song