- (verb) (especially of a small animal or child) run with quick light steps, especially through fear or excitement;“he scampered in like an overgrown puppy”
- (noun) an act of scampering;“he heard the squeak and scamper of rats”
Scamper (स्कैम्पर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- तेज़ी से दौड़ जाना, भाग जाना, रफूचक्कर हो जाना
- late 17th century (in the sense ‘run away’): probably from scamp.
Scamper in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Kohli reached the mark while trying to steal a single and he had to scamper to the non-striker’s end but in the end he was comfortably in.
- With none of the scamper, hurry ,bustle, dash and dart I was able to walk right up to my office desk unruffled and composed.
- The batsmen scamper through for a single.
- At this tender age when other children scamper around in their free time, this class 3 student takes on the role of a librarian.
- A bunch of rats scamper down the Metro steps (‘racing’ to outdo the other) – except those two at the top of the stairs.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of scamper
- scamper = scam + per … scam karke scamper
- (verb) bring under domination or control, especially by conquest;“the invaders had soon subjugated most of the population”
- (verb) make someone or something subordinate to;“the new ruler firmly subjugated the Church to the state”
Subjugate (सब्जगेट / सब्जगैट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अधीन करना, जीतना, ग़ुलाम बनाना, दास बनाना
- late Middle English: from late Latin subjugat- ‘brought under a yoke’, from the verb subjugare, based on jugum ‘yoke’.
Subjugate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Cricket was becoming a business, and historically, businesses that subjugate their workers more often than not end up with industrial action.
- Modi wants to subjugate the judiciary and the media: AAP on JNU row.
- His was a talent none could subjugate or restrict,” says Salim Kumar.
- But u know, the Islam tells to kill or subjugate, or convert non-muslims, it’s written in their book.
- It has fought the wars evenly, we were never able to subjugate them convincingly.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of subjugate
- subjugate = “Sub” + “jhug” gaye mere saamne..
- (verb) interpret (a person’s words or actions) wrongly; “his indifference can easily be misconstrued as arrogance”
Misconstrue (मिस्कन्स्ट्रू) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गलत समझना, अशुद्ध अर्थ करना, गलत अर्थ लगाना
- 1350-1400; Middle English; mis-, construe
Misconstrue in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- However, unfortunately, a scarily large number of people misconstrue completely unrelated behaviour and traits as sexual consent.
- Don’t misconstrue religion as communalism: Badal
- Lot of things I say are misconstrued: Shah Rukh Khan.
- Don’t misconstrue SC order: Sanjiv Bhatt to Modi.
- They must not misconstrue individual mistakes as political issues and put pressure on the courts.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of misconstrue
- miscontrue = missing the truepart
- (noun) a person who does not stay long in the same place; a wanderer;“Dolly was a nomad who had finally taken root in Hawaii”
- (noun) a member of a people that travels from place to place to find fresh pasture for its animals and has no permanent home.
Nomad (नोमैड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late 16th century: from French nomade, via Latin from Greek nomas, nomad- ‘roaming in search of pasture’, from the base of nemein ‘to pasture’.
Nomad in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Work from anywhere: What it takes to be a digital nomad.
- A nomadlady breaks down on the dead body of one of the horses killed by army casper in the intervening night of 24 and 25 Sep.
- My routine is similar to that of a nomad.
- Airbnb host Mark recounts how a bizarre experience with his first guests turned him into a voyeur and professional nomad.
- The current generation of digital nomadsprefer to work from anywhere—be it at a café or from the comforts of their own homes.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of nomad
- ‘no’ you are ‘mad’ … keeps on roaming from city to city..
- (noun) the criminal act of deliberately setting fire to property.
Arson meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late 17th century: an Anglo-Norman French legal term, from medieval Latin arsio(n- ), from Latin ardere ‘to burn’.
Arson in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- UKZN management condemns arson attack.
- Three teens arrested in connection with Cawston arson attack.
- ARSON CHARGES: Woman set fire in building, DA says.
- Arson Suspected At Northland Mosque Under Construction.
- Woman found guilty of arson released from hospital.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of arson
- arson – arre son, yeh kya kiya tumhne.. aag laga di..