- (adj) (of food) tender, juicy, and tasty; “heaps of succulent black grapes”
- (botany) (of a plant, especially a xerophyte) having thick fleshy leaves or stems adapted to storing water; “the ever-increasing popularity of succulent plants”
Succulent (सक्यलिन्ट / सक्युलन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- early 17th century: from Latin succulentus, from succus ‘juice’.
Succulent in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper editorial)
- Cactus and succulent plant fever has swept Nagaland and gardeners are discovering the joys of growing these spiky plants over flowery ones.
- Arid land yields a bounty of succulent fruits.
- The succulent chicken was so tasty, that it went well with the spiced rice.
- Native to South Africa, jade plants are succulents that retain water in their round, green leaves.
- The acids in the marinade react with the lean muscle fibers in the meat and break them down, resulting in a more succulent piece of meat.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of succulent
- (adj) vivacious and enthusiastic; “effervescent young people”
- (adj) (of a liquid) giving off bubbles; fizzy; “an effervescent mixture of cheap wine, fruit flavours, sugar, and carbon dioxide”
Effervescent (एफर्वेसन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उत्तेजित, उत्साहपूर्ण, प्रबुदबुद, चमकता हुआ, उत्साही व अति अनुरागी
- late 17th century: from Latin effervescent- ‘boiling up’, from the verb effervescere.
Effervescent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The young and effervescent Alia.
- It might be her best work so far – audacious, effervescent and all the while, completely unaffected.
- The effervescent actress, who made her debut in 2011 in ‘Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl’, elaborated that she has always maintained a low profile.
- Donning a musical avatar in Rock On 2, actress Shraddha Kapoor is as effervescent in person as she is on screen.
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor wore a red gown. the actor was as effervescent as always.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of effervescent
- effective scent lagaoge toh ladkiyon uchalengi… (Your scent can make girls effervescent)
- (noun) exaggerated or uncontrollable emotion or excitement.
- (noun) an old-fashioned term for a psychological disorder characterized by conversion of psychological stress into physical symptoms (somatization) or a change in self-awareness.
Hysteria (हिस्टीरीअ / हिस्टेरीअ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century (as an adjective): via Latin from Greek husterikos ‘of the womb’, from hustera ‘womb’ (hysteria being thought to be specific to women and associated with the womb).
Hysteria in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- New York Trump voters: ‘Enough with the hysteria‘.
- Democrats need to get past their hysteria and move on.
- In his biography on Khanna, Gautam Chintamani has attempted to explore the hysteria around him.
- Celebrating Girl Power: Hysteria and Hypocrisy.
- Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Wednesday ridiculed the ongoing family hysteria in the Samajwadi Party.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Hysteria
- hysteria = history + mystery… creates lot of excitement… dinosaur hysteria
- (adj) of or relating to or used in cooking; “culinary skills”
Culinary (क्यूलनेरी / क्यूलिनेरी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century: from Latin culinarius, from culina ‘kitchen’.
Culinary in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- How Ayesha Curry Turned Her Passion Project Into A Culinary Career.
- Chefs From 15 Nations at Spice Route Culinary Festival.
- Culinary classes in Kinkora school open doors for students.
- Culinary Arts Program Launches at Tilly Foster.
- The 10 Best Culinary Schools in America.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of culinary
- culinary = curry = cooking related
Stupefy Vocab Meme Dictionary – ENglish to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) make (someone) unable to think or feel properly; “As the days passed, the heat would stupefy us, making us too tired to even talk”
- (verb) astonish and shock; “the amount they spend on clothes would stupefy their grandparents”
Stupefy (स्टूपफाइ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अचंभे में डालना, चकित करना, मति-मंद करना
- late Middle English: from French stupéfier, from Latin stupefacere, from stupere ‘be struck senseless’.
Stupefy in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- A Harry Potter wedding: Everything magical to ‘Stupefy‘ their wedding guests.
- Words like nonplus, dumbfounding, stupefy …all come to life when you are in this part of the world.
- But the same ball seems to stupefy them when coming from 22 yards away.
- Not only will he stupefy the audience with his visual close-up Magic but also with his skills in ‘Mentalism’ where he reads people’s minds.
- Curiously, this excess of information does no more than stupefy us.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of stupefy
- Stupid student ko tough puzzle doge toh stupefy ho jaayega