Gaffe Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) an unintentional act or remark causing embarrassment to its originator; a blunder; “I made some real gaffes at work”
Gaffe (गैफ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- चूक, भूल, ग़लती, भारी भूल
- early 20th century: from French, literally ‘boathook’ used colloquially to mean ‘blunder’.
Gaffe in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- “Saying the wrong thing” is the most straightforward definition of a political gaffe, too.
- ‘Slip Of Tongue,’ Says Sports Minister Vijay Goel On Gold Medal Gaffe.
- Digvijaya’s gaffe invited immediate reactions on social media.
- Gaffe: Diggi talks of ‘India-occupied Kashmir’.
- His latest media gaffe has not come at the expense of himself for a change, but for his brother Sohail.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of gaffe
- goofy gaffe bhaut karta hai
Startle Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) cause to feel sudden shock or alarm; “a sudden sound in the doorway startled her”
Startle (स्टार्टल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- Old English steartlian ‘kick, struggle’, from the base of start. The early sense gave rise to ‘move quickly, caper’ (typically said of cattle), whence ‘cause to react with fear’ (late 16th century).
Startle in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- This woman surfing inches away from an erupting volcano will startle you.
- A spider can still startle me, but I keep a pair of rainbow stag beetles at home now, and I love them.
- Included here are many little stories that should startle anyone who still holds a worshipful view of the medical profession.
- Enemy: A gripping movie that will startle you.
- Kidney racket probe finding startle cops.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of startle
- startle = star dekhkar startle ho gya mein
Mendacity Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) untruthfulness; “He is truly shameless about his mendacity”
Mendacity (मेन्डैसिटी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- असत्य, झूठ, भिक्षावृति, मिथ्यावादिता
- mid 17th century: from ecclesiastical Latin mendacitas, from mendax, mendac- ‘lying’
Mendacity in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Yet again self-appointed experts have held forth about the dearth of sports facilities and the mendacity of officials in charge of these things.
- On a day like today I ask myself if wickedness, greed, bloodlust and mendacity are ingrained in us as a species.
- The episode of Gandhi’s article reveals the depths of mendacity to which high officials of the BJP can stoop.
- The Chinese position on the South China Sea is complicated and there is a touch of mendacity around them.
- The title of the two ‘Naked in front of police’ videos represents the worst kind of mendacity.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of mendacity
- mendacity= “men in the cities” LIE to get gorgeous girls
hauteur Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) haughty manner or spirit; arrogance; “she swept into the room with formidable hauteur”
Hauteur (होटर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अभिमान, अहंकार, घमंड, दर्प, ग़रूर
- French, from haut ‘high’.
Hauteur in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Spoken about but never seen in the subcontinent and a ruler from afar, she seemed to epitomise the hauteur of colonial rule.
- Narendra watches the Master with a combination of social unease, teenage hauteur and exhaustion.
- With imperious hauteur, she tells Alice, “I daresay you haven’t had much practice”.
- She has the hauteur and the glacial beauty to suggest a spectral figure who exists only as Noor’s dream object.
- With a pompous flourish of royal hauteur, he brushed aside da Gama’s lofty ambassadorial claims.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of hauteur
- hauteur = hot = high; hot ladki ka hauteur toh dekho!
Acrid Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
- (adj) unpleasantly bitter or pungent; “the acrid smell of smoke clung about the building”
Acrid (ऐक्रिड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- तीखा, चरपरा, कटु, उग्र, कड़ुवा
- early 18th century: formed irregularly from Latin acer, acri- ‘sharp, pungent’ + -id1, probably influenced by acid.
Acrid in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- These days flavours of apple, mint, cheery, even chocolate and coffee are added to mask the acrid taste of tobacco.
- After having sex with her husband, she would sleep in a separate room, the sheets slowly soaking with an acrid smell.
- The blaze has belched acrid smoke across a widespread area of Southern California, prompting air quality warnings.
- My nostrils dilate while savoring the acrid odor of gunpowder and blood.
- The acrid smell of tear gas fills the air.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of acrid
- Acrid – Acid like ( ‘r’ hata do)