Startle Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) cause to feel sudden shock or alarm; “a sudden sound in the doorway startled her”
Startle (स्टार्टल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- Old English steartlian ‘kick, struggle’, from the base of start. The early sense gave rise to ‘move quickly, caper’ (typically said of cattle), whence ‘cause to react with fear’ (late 16th century).
Startle in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- This woman surfing inches away from an erupting volcano will startle you.
- A spider can still startle me, but I keep a pair of rainbow stag beetles at home now, and I love them.
- Included here are many little stories that should startle anyone who still holds a worshipful view of the medical profession.
- Enemy: A gripping movie that will startle you.
- Kidney racket probe finding startle cops.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of startle
- startle = star dekhkar startle ho gya mein
Labyrinth Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) a complicated irregular network of passages or paths in which it is difficult to find one’s way; a maze; “you lose yourself in a labyrinth of little streets”
- (noun) an intricate and confusing arrangement; “a labyrinth of conflicting laws and regulations”
Labyrinth (लैबरिन्थ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English (referring to the maze constructed by Daedalus to house the Minotaur): from French labyrinthe or Latin labyrinthus, from Greek laburinthos.
Labyrinth in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- And within the labyrinth of tunnels and rooms in the three floors of the temple, the terrorists had made all preparations for gun battle.
- It is a book that should generate a labyrinth of conversations, most of which can be socially transformative.
- The city remains a familiar labyrinth of rigidity, tradition, exotica, filth and chaos.
- In the 1990s, he went deep into the labyrinth of governance.
- Now visualise two little girls holding a mother’s hand and helping her navigate the labyrinth of emotions. How does this feel?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of labyrinth
- labyrinth = Chemistry “LAB” is nothing but labyrinth
Parvenu Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
Parvenu [pahr-vuh-noo, -nyoo, pahr-vuh–noo, –nyoo]
- (noun) a person who has recently or suddenly acquired wealth, importance, position, or the like, but has not yet developed the conventionally appropriate manners, dress, surroundings, etc.
- (adj) characteristic of someone who has risen economically or socially but lacks the social skills appropriate for this new position.
Parvenu (पार्वनू) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Parvenu sentences from newspaper
- I abhor distastefulness in dress as it shows a lack of understanding of body type and ends up making the parvenu look cheap and desperate.
- The man they had long dismissed as a provincial parvenu from the western state of Gujarat is now the most powerful man in the country.
- Mr. Mitra is no political parvenu.
- the political inexperience of a parvenu.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Parvenu
- think of praveen(of indian crkt team)who has just entered into team and nw earnng a lot…..so is a newly rich person
Real Slumdog Millionaire is first to win $1m on Indian gameshow – Now Parvenu