Miss the boat
(idiom) be too slow to take advantage of an opportunity
‘Miss the boat’ meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
नाव छूट गयी
‘Miss the boat’ Origin
- miss the boat” could be related to a failure to “get on-board” in time for the opportunity. Passengers are expected to get on-board a real boat before it leaves, so missing your chance to do so would probably be where this term originally comes from.
‘Miss the boat’ in a sentence (idiom usage in newspaper)
- Universities miss the boat on online learning.
- It is clear established business houses have missed the boat, as these don’t have disruptive mindsets for new-age technology businesses.
- Given Abercrombie’s continually plummeting sales, the retailer cannot afford to miss the boat on adapting to e-commerce.
- The WWE has missed the boat on taking a look at wrestling stars from other promotions.
- Don’t Miss the Boat: Hapag-Lloyd