- (noun) something added to another thing but not essential to it.
- (noun) a person associated with lesser status, rank, authority, etc., in some duty or service; assistant.
- (noun) a person working at an institution, as a college or university, without having full or permanent status:
- (grammar) a construction that can be used to extend the meaning of a word or phrase but is not one of the main constituents of a sentence
- (adj) joined or associated, especially in an auxiliary or subordinate relationship.
- (adj) attached or belonging without full or permanent status.
Adjunct (ऐजंगक्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सहायक,अनुबद्ध वस्तु या व्यक्ति,संयुक्त,मिला हुआ,अनुबंधक
- early 16th century (as an adjective meaning ‘joined on, subordinate’): from Latin adjunctus, past participle of adjungere
Adjunct in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- I was a liberal adjunct professor. My liberal students didn’t scare me at all.
- Adjunct faculty gets bigger role in universities
- Duquesne University to appeal ruling allowing adjunct faculty union
- An Adjunct’s Farewell
- An Open Letter From Your Adjunct Professor
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of adjunct
- adjunt = “add” + “junk” , added junk not very important
Identify Adjunct professor in the video – enjoy 🙂