- (verb) have saliva dripping copiously from the mouth; “Sheru tended to slobber”
- (noun) saliva dripping copiously from the mouth; “slobber swung in white strings from her jaw”
Slobber (स्लाबर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Meaning)
- late Middle English: probably from Middle Dutch slobberen ‘walk through mud’, also ‘feed noisily’, of imitative origin.
Slobber in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Buy your dog a bandana to keep excess slobber at bay.
- I don’t know if that was detrimental to the development of my cow slobber or not, but the cow slobber was not to be.
- At this moment, there’s a dried goo smear on my lower sleeve. It might be dog slobber.
- I was a chubby baby and I had a lot of slobber.
- With hopes of keeping my couch free from dirty paws, hair, and slobber, I picked up one of these Reversible Pet Furniture Protectors.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of slobber
- Slobber – this slow bear slobber a lot.
- (adj) (of a disease or poison) extremely severe or harmful in its effects;“a virulent strain of influenza”
- (adj) bitterly hostile;“a virulent attack on liberalism”
Virulent (विरलन्ट / विर्यलन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उग्र, जहरीला, तीखा, द्रोही, विषमय, विषाक्त, विषैला, संक्रामक
- late Middle English (originally describing a poisoned wound): from Latin virulentus, from virus ‘poison’
Virulent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Virulent CPM hatred triggered attack on CITU leader.
- In this past week we have seen virulent hysteria from political leaders on a scale rarely seen before.
- Even while targeting BJP, parties are competing with each other to be seen as the most virulent critic of the half-baked move.
- Strain of dengue in Delhi less virulent, says health secretary.
- On the social media, the tone is virulent; one asked, “why should every policy be about the poor.” Why indeed?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Virulent
- (noun) a feeling of anxiety or dismay, typically at something unexpected; “to her consternation her car wouldn’t start”
Consternation (कान्स्टर्नेशन / कान्स्टर्नैशन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- early 17th century: from Latin consternatio(n- ), from the verb consternare ‘lay prostrate, terrify.
Consternation in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Consternation over Bhopal encounter.
- Trump’s campaign rhetoric caused consternation in many world capitals, including Tokyo.
- Trump caused consternation in December 2015 by mooting a ban on all Muslims travelling to the United States.
- There seems to be consternation within the Congress on the proposed Grand Alliance in Uttar Pradesh on the lines of Bihar.
- School Burnings Cause Consternation in Indian Kashmir.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of consternation
- conster (~monster) + nation, monster in your nation will cause consternation
- (noun) the action of breaking the terms of a law, agreement, etc.; violation;“an infringement of the law”
- (noun) the action of limiting or undermining something;“the infringement of the right to privacy”
Infringement (इन्फ्रिन्ज्मन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अतिक्रमण, अतिलंघन, उल्लंघन
- mid 16th century: from Latin infringere, from in- ‘into’ + frangere ‘to break’.
Infringement in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The Samsung vs Apple patent infringement hearing was yesterday.
- Youtube To Mp3 Converter Sued For Copyright Infringement.
- A three-judge appeals panel stripped away Apple’s win by quoting that one patent wasn’t infringed.
- A jury had cleared Google of copyright infringement in May this year.
- Section 27 of the act provides that no action for infringement can be taken for an unregistered trademark.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of infringement
- infringe = in + firangi –> pakistani firangi crossing LOC and coming to India… infringement
- (adj) (especially of a principle, place, or routine) regarded as too important or valuable to be interfered with;“the individual’s right to work has been upheld as sacrosanct”
Sacrosanct (सैक्रोसैंगक्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late 15th century: from Latin sacrosanctus, from sacro ‘by a sacred rite’ (ablative of sacrum ) + sanctus ‘holy’.
Sacrosanct in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Operational military matters are sacrosanct and discussing them like movie reviews is foolishness.
- The Supreme Court is the highest court of the land and its word is final and sacrosanct.
- All three forces — Army, Air Force and Navy — are treated as sacrosanct in India.
- The Indian society may consider marriage to be sacrosanct.
- Independence of judiciary is sacrosanct, says law minister RS Prasad.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of sacrosanct
- Sacrosanct = Sacro (100’s) + “sant” ; something must be ‘sacred’ here.